The UAC made its first appearance on Windows Vista and has been around since then. As an administrator, UAC allows you to define user privileges. It is quite a formidable tool when there are multiple users using the same PC, but not when you are the sole administrator/user. In this article we'll take you through the necessary steps to disable it.
Disable the UAC (User Account Control) on WIndows 8.1
- Open the Run tab (Windows Key + R).
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- Go to the Tools tab > Change UAC settings.
- Click on Launch to access the User Account Control Settings dialog.
- Select "Never Notify" to disable the UAC.
Image: ©Tadas Sar - Unsplash.com
- Disable uac windows 8.1
- How to deactivate uac with msconfig - Best answers
- Deactivate uac with msconfig - Best answers
- Disable password windows 8.1 - Guide
- Disable firewall windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Disable fast boot windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Disable the Sound Notification When Connecting USB Device to Your PC in Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 - How to disable startup programs - How-To - Windows 8