The 3G and 4G cellular networks provides your mobile with high speed internet connection, which is ideal for exchanging data and updating applications, geolocation, messaging apps etc. It means you're always connected! However the majority of these apps work in the background, consuming phone battery and mobile data, even when you're not using them. In this article we'll take you through the steps to disable 3G or 4G connections so that you can limit your data charges or save some battery.
How to Disable 3G or 4G on Android Devices
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks
- Uncheck "Use Packet Data".
- Note that: Once 3G is off, you can still connect to the internet via EDGE network, which is slower.
There are several widgets allowing your to Enable/Disable 3G directly from your home screen.
- On/Off Widget.
- Widgetsoid .
- Smoda Widget.
Image: © 123RF.com
- Remove 3g
- How to turn off 4g - Best answers
- Turn off 4g android - Best answers
- How to Disable 3G or 4G on iPhone - How-To - iPhone
- How to remove phone number from disabled facebook account - Guide
- Remove google account from chrome - How-To - Google Chrome
- Fb account hacked how to remove - Guide
- How to remove .exe extension - Forum - Viruses/Security