- Press [Windows] + [R] and type regedit and press [Enter]. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0
- Create a new Dword value (same bit version as for your system) and Rename it as EnumDevices 1.
- Double click on the EnumDevice1 and set its value to 1. Close the registry and restart your system.
Instead of using the registy, you can use the following command:
- HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
- Open an elevated command prompt and enter the above command.
Image: © snig - Shutterstock.com
- Download registry script to fix cd/dvd drive missing in windows
- Dvd driver for windows 8.1 free download - Best answers
- Download registry script to fix cd/dvd drive missing in windows 7 - Best answers
- Computer can not show the CD/DVD ROM (Drive E) ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- Download registry script to fix cd/dvd drive missing in windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- CD-ROM/DVD Drive won't work (Windows 7) ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
- HELP I have uninstalled my CD/DVD-ROM driver! ✓ - Forum - Drivers
- Windows Not Recognizing CD/DVD Drive - Forum - Windows 10
This document, titled « CD/DVD Drive Missing in Windows 8 », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).