Some apps have the ability to run background processes on your computer - they can send notifications, download or upload data, track your location, or update live tiles even when they are not in use. This quick tutorial will teach you how to stop apps from running in the background in Windows 10.
Stop Windows 10 Apps from Running in the Background
Click on the Start menu > and head to Settings > Privacy > Background apps > Let apps run in the background. Here, you will find all apps allowed to run background processes. To stop a background app, you simply have to toggle its corresponding switch to the Off position:
By disabling unnecessary background apps, performance and battery life can be significantly improved. If you want to know how much battery is consumed by background apps, please read our article How To View Your Battery Usage in Windows 10.
- Disable background apps windows 10
- How to stop programs from running in the background - Best answers
- Windows 8.1 - How disable the App Switcher - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows Phone 8.1 - How to disable automatic apps update - How-To - Mobile
- How To Disable Automatic App Updates in Windows 10 - How-To - Windows
- How to disable in app purchases android - How-To - Android
- How to disable welcome screen in windows 10 - How-To - Windows