Windows Aero is a design setting that gives your desktop windows a glass-like, or translucent look. When enabled, Aero creates a light-weight look and feel for your desktop, making your applications and windows easier to find and access. This article will explain how to turn Windows Aero on or off, depending on your preferences.
How to enable or disable Aero in Windows 7?
Open a command prompt in administrator mode by clicking on Start followed by Run. Next, type in the following command:
and press CTRL + Shift + Enter to confirm.
From here, you can either enable or disable Aero.
To disable Aero, type in
net stop uxsms
To enable Aero, use the command
net start uxsms
- "windows 10"
- How To Enable or Disable Aero on Windows 7
- How to disable desktop window manager: Windows 7 > Guide
- Turn off automatic updates on Windows: 7, 8, and 10 > Guide
- How to enable touchpad: Windows 10, on laptop > Guide
- Disable touchpad: when mouse is connected, Windows 10 > Guide
- LNK shortcuts on Windows 7: how to fix?
- How to increase cache memory in Windows: 10, 8, 7
- How to repair Windows 7 from USB flash drive?
- Install unsigned drivers: Windows 7
- How to delete Windows image backup file
- How to remove bandwidth limit: Windows 7, Windows 10
- Format computer: Windows 7, without CD
- Disable service credential manager: Windows 10
- How to change taskbar color Windows 7: ultimate, home basic
- Windows Installer has stopped working: Windows 7
- Fatal error could not create output file project1.exe'
- Check the BIOS version of Windows 7: cmd, without restarting
- How to clear the clipboard: Windows 7, command line
- How to fix Windows error code 0x8000222
- How to add a desktop shortcut to sleep Windows 7
- Shortcut key for network connections: Windows 7
- Disable tablet PC input panel: Windows 7, Win 7
- View update history: Windows 7
- How to erase CD rw: Windows 7
- How to disable performance counters in Windows
- Install driver in compatibility mode Windows 7
- How to increase command prompt buffer size
- Windows 7 end of support: what to do now?
- How to change the welcome message in Windows 7
- Disable desktop composition Windows 7
- How to add the menu bar in Windows Explorer on Windows 7
- How to make the mouse wake up the PC: Windows 7
- How to disable the software protection service in Windows 7
- How to change administrator name in Windows 7?
- How to create a file with specific size: Windows 7
- Internet options shortcut: command, on desktop, Windows 7
- How to find Windows 7 build number
- How to disable the security center in Windows 7
- Disable the performance counter feature: Windows 7
- "Open with" option not showing Windows 7
- Snipping tool missing Windows 7