The discussions

Text label and value if value in other worksheet is > 0

Solved

Hello, can someone please help me with a formula for this. Text label and value, if value in other worksheet from 2 different cells is > 0, label...

5 replies Last reply on 5 Jan 2015 by
TrowaD

Excel - to generate unique id

Solved

Hello, Good day. I would like to generate a unique ID from date and a customer number field. I tried this way but it was not working as desired. Bel...

4 replies Last reply on 1 Jan 2015 by
ferg

I need a macro please

Solved

Hello, 1 spreadsheet has 15 columns of data with column A having the unique identifier 2 spreadsheet has 37 columns of data with column B havin...

7 replies Last reply on 31 Dec 2015 by
rjbuer

Copy daily cost entries into the particular ledgers

Solved

Hello, I want to copy the daily cost entires into the particular ledgers, which i put in different sheets. Ex: I have the following data: D...

6 replies Last reply on 31 Dec 2015 by
vcoolio

Date entry

Solved

Hello, i have an Excel sheet which my colleague should enter the date after he finished his job, for example:\today date is 2014/28/12 he shou...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Dec 2015 by
ArashMan

How to lock or password protected specific cell in excel 2010

Solved

Dear all: Hope you are fine. How can I Lock a specific cell of excel 2010 that any one can not change or input anything in that cell. Pleas...

4 replies Last reply on 30 Dec 2015 by
Biswajit-Shaha

Excel macro to format report

Solved

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum..........so new I've already typed my question, then clicked "ask your question" again instead of submit..........

7 replies Last reply on 29 Dec 2015 by
ramu sanga

Need to write a macro to copy a row of information if true

Solved

Hi, I have a workbook with several tabs and I want to first check if Column F on the first sheet contains 13 as the year (12/16/13 is the format) and...

7 replies Last reply on 22 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Using a macro to copy & paste from one sheet to another.

Solved

Hello, Hi Guy's I hope you can help, I am using two sheets. one is spread across different rows so when I click create list it copies everything ...

8 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Excel formula numbers to dates

Solved

Hi, I need an excel formula for changing numbers to dates. It is part of the Julian Calendar but backwards and one extra number. Ex. 273143 is 9/...

6 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
ah2jh1sh2

How to use releative refrences in conditional formating??

Solved

the first picture is the formatting rule of C7 cell the second picture is the formatting rule of E7 cell which i copy from C7. as you c...

8 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Conditional formatting based on another cell

Solved

Hello, this is what I want: EXAMPLE: B3= Arash if B6=1 then B3 goes red if B6=2 then B3 Goes yellow and if B6=3 then B3 goes green i want to...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Dec 2014 by
ArashMan

Conditional formatting based on another cell

Solved

i want to type a name in cell B3. and I want the cell's color change when I type 1,2 or 3 in B6 cell by using conditional formatting. is that possible...

5 replies Last reply on 17 Dec 2014 by
ArashMan

Help me to add particular cells

Solved

Hello, i want to sum particular cells when a number consists in a cell eg:- =IF($B$81:$BH$81=7=TRUE,SUM($B$77:$BH$77),0) it calculates a...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Dec 2014 by
mathew munna

Macro/command button help

Solved

Hello, I am in need of some help here and would greatly appreciate it. Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I have a basic excel file with two s...

12 replies Last reply on 13 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Copy info from one excel sheet to another sheet

Solved

Hello, I am respectfully asking for assistance on an issue i am having trying to write a macro for a form that i am currently working on. I have ...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Dec 2014 by
sstanger

What type does it want? (vba question)

Solved

Hello, So I have a pull-down list in Excel 2003 that is an expanded version of this: 011 012 01T 111 If I type in the cell (rather than ...

3 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting to hide 00:00 in column

Solved

Hello, I would be very grateful if there is somebody who could help me find the solution to what is most likely a simple problem. I don't have a grea...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Dec 2014 by
Sharky9000

Help me on this formula to shorten

Solved

Hello, i have 2 formulas tick mark automatically on worksheet.. please help me if further it can be shortened.. i want to know if J1 K1 L1 can sho...

5 replies Last reply on 6 Dec 2014 by
mathewmunna

Excel picture inserting macro help - urgent

Solved/Closed

Dear Rizvisa, please consider this little urgent and be kind to help me please I m trying to insert picture in excel column using macro which ta...

25 replies Last reply on 4 Dec 2014 by
jackcluseau

How to count different charecters

Solved

Hello, Please help me to count different charecters like xpa, spa, spb xpb.. if any of this exist in the cell it should count. if xpa is in A1 spa...

5 replies Last reply on 4 Dec 2014 by
mathewmunna

How can i transfer data from one spread sheet to another?

Solved

Hi, I'm working in excel and on one spreadsheet and I'm having to retype everything on to another spread sheet, I want to be able to have my data ...

5 replies Last reply on 30 Nov 2014 by
elizatex23

2 macros in one sheet targeting same cells

Solved

This is probably a really 'newbie' question but in all honesty, I'm new to macros and need some assistance. I have a macro written to automatically...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Nov 2014 by
chester4207

Conditional formating to check text in another shell + numeric

Solved

I have some text in A column ( say xxx, yyy) and numeric value in Column B . Now i want to highlight the shell in column B with 4 condition . 1....

3 replies Last reply on 27 Nov 2014 by
vcoolio

Help me to count 2 cells

Solved

helo, please help me to count 2 celles A1 Is either 0 or 2, A2 is either 0 or 2 IF A1+A2=0 A3 should be 6, IF A1+A2=2 A3 Should be 3 if A1+A2...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Nov 2014 by
mathewmunna

Lock cells in excel

Solved

After setting up VB to lock cells in Excel I now need to lock additional cells. I currently have the following script (kindly given by rizvisa1) which...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Nov 2014 by
MartynP

Needs some help with a formula

Solved

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 33.0 Okay, here is a problem I've been dealing with for over an hour now. This should be easy, but ...

5 replies Last reply on 25 Nov 2014 by
dgcasey

Numbers & symbol ü (new challenge)

Solved

i need a formula to automatically check mark i.e(ü) mark a cell(eg:A1) if another cell (eg:H1)contains number:1 Condition is H1 may contain any numbe...

5 replies Last reply on 23 Nov 2014 by
mathew

Lock cell in excel worksheet with vb

Solved

I have an worksheet that I need to lock the cell based on the value of another cell. I have managed to create VB which will do this for one row but n...

5 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2014 by
Martynp

Insert multi rows between existing data

Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to create a macro that will insert a set amount of blank rows into a existing spreadsheet after each entry. The amount of rows ...

20 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2014 by
SWAJI

Copy and insert rows and number of times

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a sheet with over 800 rows. I need to copy each row and insert/repeat each entry 4 times below the preceding row. Example: Bef...

22 replies Last reply on 18 Nov 2014 by
Duck

If function formula based on three possible values from adjacent

Solved

Good morning all, Excel 2007 - I need a formula based on the three possible values from an adjacent cell. 1st value: : if F5 is a date, a simpl...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Nov 2014 by
TanyaRT

Conditional formatting - highlight overdue dates

Solved

I am a beginner with conditional formatting and researching the net for an answer has left me more confused than when I began! I am working with Ex...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Nov 2014 by
TanyaRT

Auto filter depending on cell value

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have data in a table, lets say the table is (A7:M200) and the Headings in this table is (A7:M7). Column 1 (A8:A200) is the accounts numbe...

10 replies Last reply on 15 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

How to find out the data in six month record

Solved

Hello, I have six month excel attendance sheet. which formula can i use to know in which month which of the employee has left and who has joined?...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Nov 2014 by
subodh

Nested if then

Solved

Hello, I would like to have the contents of b1 displayed in m2 if t2=1, the contents of b2 displayed in m2 if t2=2, the contents of c1 displayed in...

7 replies Last reply on 12 Nov 2014 by
vcoolio

How to format cells based on the text in another cell

Solved

Help me! I'm trying to conditionally format multiple cells based on different texts entered in another. For example: I have selected certain cells to...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2014 by
Tillda

Insert/remove photos depending up on ref. cell value changing

Solved

Hello, I designed a Student Profile in excel using LOOKUP function. In this profile, near the Student Name title I created one drop down list of stu...

9 replies Last reply on 29 Oct 2014 by
KALEEM

Excel vba copy and paste loop with logic condition

Solved

Hi, I am new to VBA and would appreciate some help with a problem I am trying to solve. I would like a macro that is able to copy information f...

6 replies Last reply on 28 Oct 2014 by
Yogibearv

Excel workbook with two sheets

Solved

Hi, i have an Excel workbook with two sheets and when i enter data in sheet #1 it automatically goes to sheet # 2. How on earth can i stop this fro...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Oct 2014 by
ibraun

Auto transfer of a filtered item to a different sheet.

Solved

Hello everyone, I would like to ask for some help regarding some EXEL problems. Example: I want some data from sheet1 E columns to transfer to...

6 replies Last reply on 23 Oct 2014 by
Mymyname

Excel 2007 using vlookup function in vba

Solved

I have a list of name and employee number in sheet 1 in column a and b.. Then what i want is to by simply typing the employee number in sheet 2 column...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Oct 2014 by
gsyrill

Format a cell with a comment based on a comment in another cell

Solved

Hi, I need to format a cell with a comment based on a comment in another cell. So cell A1 might ask a question like is the window clean? B2 will...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Oct 2014 by
stevo

Macro to copy paste without having all the source books opened

Solved

Hello Kioskea users. I hope you're all doing great. Today I have a concern that I'm not able to figure out. Any help will be really appreciated. I...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Oct 2014 by
fabianchpe

How to convert date to word in excel

Solved

how to convert Date to word in excel e.g. 05/01/1992 to change Five January, Ninteen Ninty two

1 reply Last reply on 6 Oct 2014 by
carminabigue

Automatically transfer data from one sheet to another

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. Sheet 1 has about 400 line items. I would like to be able to select certain line items on Sheet 1 and ...

22 replies Last reply on 6 Oct 2014 by
TrowaD

Calculate total total hours per client

Solved

Hi, I have a spreadsheet in which employyees time are entered on a daily basis along with the client they worked for. The spreadsheet calculates ...

5 replies Last reply on 3 Oct 2014 by
ad1959

How to count date cells for monday of this week

Solved

Hello, I would like to count the number of cells with date = to MONDAY of this current week and also MONDAY of the following week within a defined...

4 replies Last reply on 29 Sep 2014 by
doublewitt

Auto generate the seller sales report

Solved

Hi! I create a sales report and I set up total 6 worksheet Worksheet 1 I named it Price list ... is a Data for my sales report. and I set a co...

8 replies Last reply on 26 Sep 2014 by
Winndixie

Formula to increment date by seven days.

Solved

Hello Everyone, In a work sheet, I have an invoice date (say column A) and a due date (say column H) with the due date being seven days after the ...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Sep 2014 by
vcoolio
Results 801 - 850 out of a total of 1,688