Excel Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 301 - 350 of about 9,810
  • Which macro (of many) changes the data in my workbook Closed

I am working with an old macro enabled spreadsheet that has many tabs and many macros. On one tab I have a column that reports "yes" or "no" when the...

GarySchmidt | Latest reply: TrowaD Jul 4, 2019
    1 reply
  • Formula to subtract one cell value from another. Closed

Hello, I am trying to do a formula that would subtract cell a2 from a1 if cell a3 has "Closed" in it. Is this possible?

autigers71 | Latest reply: vcoolio Jul 1, 2019
    1 reply
  • Auto Transfer questioner with right answer to another sheet Closed

Hello, I have questioner list (yes or no) about 60question. I want to make it automatically transfer (all the row) to another sheet if answer is ‘N...

Fairuz | Latest reply: TrowaD Jul 1, 2019
    1 reply
  • Insert Picture in Ms Excell Closed

Hello Friends, Please help me out, how I can insert the picture in front of the name automatically. Means I just select the images these pictures auto...

anjumje | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 27, 2019
    1 reply
  • partial matches in lists of 6-digit numbers Closed

Hello! I have a list of ~500 6-digit numbers. They were all hand entered, and we want to proof the list and see if any of them were duplicated by typi...

baxterkix | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 20, 2019
    3 replies
  • Formula to create generations based on birthday Closed

I need a formula in excel that will indicate generations based off of a birthdate. Generations: Traditionalists (Prior to 1943) Baby Boomers (194...

KristyAnn8000 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 20, 2019
    3 replies
  • Copy and paste selected cells a given number of times Closed

Hello, I had a quick course on macro and I would like to write my first one, but I would need some help with it. Id like a macro which copies t...

AndrasN | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 19, 2019
    1 reply
  • Send mail if today is the birthday. Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a Excel sheet containg profile of some employee like this: Name ID Date of Birth Rahul 335221 15...

RWomanizer | Latest reply: bkdroid13 Jun 19, 2019
    11 replies
  • Comparing Two Excel Sheets and copying like data to third sheet Solved/Closed

Hi, I'm trying to compare two sheets in excel and have matching column data copy the entire row into a new third sheet. Ex: Compare Sheet 1 column...

coz2992 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 18, 2019
    11 replies
  • Getting multiple largest values with specified limits Closed

Hello, a1 is 110,a2 is 236,a3 is 175,a4 is 352,a5 is 257,a6 is 175.In b1 find value is greater than or equal to 400.i need all answers numbers not re...

M | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 18, 2019
    1 reply
  • Extract data from few XML file into Excel. Closed

Hello, i hope someone will be able to assist me, and i hope it is possible to do what i need. I need to extract specific data from a few XML files...

GizmoIE | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 14, 2019
    24 replies
  • COMPARING 7 COLUMN Closed

HI I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO COMPARE 7 DIFFERENT COLUMNS AND FIND COMMON VALUE IN NEW COLUMN I'M ATTACHING ONE SAMPLE HERE PLEASE CHECK AND...

parshv | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13, 2019
    1 reply
  • Trying to insert multiple rows between rows in excel with copied data. Closed

Hello, I have used the two listed vba macros but i am having no luck combining the two. First one to add 13 rows between current data: data is on ...

ElderVisco | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 13, 2019
    1 reply
  • Using a Named Field for Autofill Solved/Closed

I am performing an Autofill using a macro. Is there a way to enter the ranges using a "Named Field" in the macro without having to hardcode them in t...

excel987 | Latest reply: excel987 Jun 12, 2019
    2 replies
  • Find and Replace using VB; from a txt file, find all commas "," Closed

I need to find all occurances of a comma "," in a txt file and replace it with a blank space and output a csv file. Is there an easy way to do this in...

lenbrown_8273 | Latest reply: ac3mark Jun 12, 2019
    1 reply
  • Excel Macro - Set and autofill a range? Solved/Closed

Hello, I am creating an excel macro to reformat a CSV file. In doing this, I need to select a column (F) and replace the values in that column with a...

KT | Latest reply: excel987 Jun 11, 2019
    28 replies
  • Excel autofilter stops filtering Solved/Closed

Hello, I am working with Excel 2003 professional and just yesterday after entering a bunch of records to my file, which has about 19,000 rows, I di...

Lucy | Latest reply: thankful Jun 11, 2019
    45 replies
  • Formula for conditional format to color cells Closed

hi, need a formula or conditional format: if cell a1 has text, then apply the color RED to cells underneath say a2-a15. then, once numbers are i...

kipp2019 | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 11, 2019
    14 replies
  • Save excel file as specified titles in different workbook Closed

Hello Trowa and team, I just saw you solved a task for another user, who wanted to recreate a file with specified names in the list. I have a s...

Anna | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 11, 2019
    3 replies
  • If a cell contains any text then add a value Solved

I hope someone can help me with this...I've done this before but can't remember how. I have a list of names (for an attendees list) and I need to s...

cbrizz | Latest reply: Pharmanumbers Jun 5, 2019
    20 replies
  • How to copy a data from one sheet to another, when specific criteria is met Closed

Hello, If, for instance, the criteria changes in column "C" - it gets higher number, how to transfer the row data to other sheet2, copying the row d...

TomasSurvilas | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 4, 2019
    13 replies
  • Need to delete rows in multiple sheets simultaneously Closed

Hi I have a worksheet that has 3 sheets. Sheet 2 and 3 have data linked from sheet 1. If I delete a row in sheet 1, I want to have the correspondi...

ightbet | Latest reply: TrowaD Jun 3, 2019
    1 reply
  • VBA Code to apply in each monthly worksheet Closed

Hi, I have a monthly creditor file (create new tab for each month when required) and want to calculate the amount outstanding each month, which is ...

Micwhsct | Latest reply: ac3mark May 31, 2019
    13 replies
  • Formula in Excel to turn numbers into text Solved/Closed

Hello, I found formula but sir I want at last as per below. As per formula =words(1234) = one thousand two hundred thirty four But sir I wan...

ashwin12289 | Latest reply: venkatesan May 31, 2019
    4 replies
  • Formula/Solution Closed

Hi, Is there a way for me to link in one spread sheet the Leave Dates that will automatically apply to the specific date in a second/third/forth sp...

RuthG13 | Latest reply: ac3mark May 29, 2019
    1 reply
  • VBA Regex Closed

i need a help to create regex to use in Excel vba. Actuality 3 regex 1. Only Numerics Valid: 12,12.000, 2343342.123221321398783, 0.9874, -12, -2...

Sanju_7454 | Latest reply: Sanju_7454 May 28, 2019
    0 replies
  • Compare two excel file and provide unmatched excel data in separate file Closed

Hello, I have two excel files with common identification column A in both files. I need macro which will provide unmatched data in separate file. ...

Rajesh | Latest reply: Rajesh May 26, 2019
    0 replies
  • use RegEx in vba sub in general sheet Closed

How to use regex in general vba sheet. i am getting lot of red lines and not able to find the reason for that. I have enabled the Regularexpression...

Sanju_7454 | Latest reply: ac3mark May 25, 2019
    4 replies
  • Listboxes with Checkboxes to filter data Closed

Hello, Greetings! I have a query regarding making dashboard. I have a data sheet where all data is managed. I want slicer with listbox having ...

Game Start Now | Latest reply: TrowaD May 23, 2019
    13 replies
  • read special character value Closed

how to read the cell value in vba if A1 has special character like -------- I used Range("A1").Value , Its throwing an error plz help me

Sanju_7454 | Latest reply: ac3mark May 22, 2019
    1 reply
  • VBA code to count invalid Values Closed

Hi, I have created a vba code to circle the invalid data based on the custom data validation rule being written. I want to count the all those i...

Sanju_7454 | Latest reply: ac3mark May 21, 2019
    7 replies
  • Automatically update a cell with last modified date and time Solved/Closed

I am maintaining a Test Environment Catalogue, with various users editing it. It is change controlled in SharePoint, however, I'd like to insert a cel...

NazCarr | Latest reply: NazCarr May 16, 2019
    2 replies
  • Repeated copy/paste Macro Closed

I have basic knowledge of Macros. I need to copy 1Lakh data in such a way that it takes 10k rows and paste in new sheet1 and again it takes next 1...

Sanju_7454 | Latest reply: ac3mark May 9, 2019
    4 replies
  • Keeping track of ages Closed

Hello, I operate a small daycare and need help figuring out a system to help keep track of my group ratios. I haven't been able to find a software...

celineleblanc | Latest reply: ac3mark May 8, 2019
    1 reply
  • Please help me connect my workbooks to a master excel worksheet. Closed

Hello, I have been through every excel video and forum trying to figure out how to connect my Excel workbooks for a tracker I have been working on. I...

MBEr | Latest reply: ac3mark May 7, 2019
    2 replies
  • VBA find column by name and sort Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to make a code that should: - Go to the first worksheet - Find the first column with header "sku" - Sort this column ascen...

SidK | Latest reply: bOFILL Apr 30, 2019
    4 replies
  • copy x rows from a worksheet and paste x rows into another worksheet n times Solved/Closed

Hi, I am struggling to create a macro that can copy an excel range of data (A1:B50) from sheet 1 and paste into sheet 2 for 4000 times. Currently, sh...

christol_1566 | Latest reply: TrowaD Apr 29, 2019
    20 replies
  • Create new sheets based on Column A data. Solved/Closed

Hi, Is there a way to create a new tab based on column A? For example: I want to create a new tab for each vehicle, copy and paste all of vehicle ...

josh07429 | Latest reply: Jay Apr 26, 2019
    4 replies
  • False error Closed

Hello, How to remove false error while using this formula *if(c2="A",sumifs(sheet2!AA:AB,sheet2!B:B,sheet1!B:B, sheet2! Sheet1! A:A))*

LOKESH | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 22, 2019
    1 reply
  • Excels with different data Closed

Hi All, sorry if this is already answered. I have two excel sheet having data of customers. the first report is 'old' one and the second is the '...

Bharti | Latest reply: Bharti Apr 19, 2019
    0 replies
  • Finding duplicates between two columns with partial text Closed

Hello, I am trying to compare a list of names in column A to a list of names in column B. I am trying to highlight the names in column A that matc...

katthompson333 | Latest reply: katthompson333 Apr 19, 2019
    0 replies
  • Arrow keys not working in Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I am using Excel 2000. I am tring to move from one cell to another in Excel by using the arrow keys on my keyboard but nothing happens. I wa...

DaisyE | Latest reply: Nelson Apr 15, 2019
    59 replies
  • How to change date with the change in time Closed

How to change date with the change in time and how to use if formula for date range

Akshay_7572 | Latest reply: NazCarr Apr 9, 2019
    1 reply
  • excel on Mac Closed

Im trying to setup my friends computer to invoice I have run time 1004 error occurring. Any help please Sub NextInvoice() Range("I13").V...

ADrossinis | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 6, 2019
    1 reply
  • color cell Closed

Hello, I have this formula to place a date in cell when negative number. =IF(D14

docheller | Latest reply: ac3mark Apr 5, 2019
    1 reply
  • I want to change date format in Excel Solved/Closed

Hello, I want to change date format from SAP system i.e. 20.05.2010. When I apply thru format cell it doesn't work.

EAQ | Latest reply: mohammed Apr 2, 2019
    13 replies
  • Need to extract specific XML data from a cell in excel Closed

Hi, I have the following data in cell A1 of an excel sheet: 39211000011200100100019 i would like to extract the value from this and print it o...

alvin07 | Latest reply: SM Apr 1, 2019
    2 replies
  • Automatically data to another sheet by adding new rows Solved/Closed

Hello, I have created a "request form" - the form is not designed in VBA - it is simply a spreadsheet using Column B, only, and each row has either ...

NazCarr | Latest reply: TrowaD Mar 26, 2019
    9 replies
  • Creating search and update command buttons in a userform Solved/Closed

I have created a userform for inputing new records in an Excel spreadsheet. I have written the code for the Save Record and Close Form command button...

janb | Latest reply: ShezzyWiggle Mar 24, 2019
    19 replies
  • Update of Copied Excel sheet Closed

Hello, I want to make copies of excel sheet such that if I delete rows/columns in main sheet they should be deleted in copy too.

Vinayak | Latest reply: ac3mark Mar 21, 2019
    2 replies