The discussions

Date formatting

I WONT DATE FORMAT (dd/mm/yy) BUT IN MY EXCEL IT SHOWS (mm/dd/yyyy) IN FORMULA BAR. PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE SO MANY WORK WITH THIS DATE.

1 reply Last reply on 16 Sep 2013 by
ac3mark

Ms excel, lookup word from a cell

Solved

A B C 1 C287198 MARIQ BLDG MATERIAL TRDG C287785 C287785 2 C2...

3 replies Last reply on 14 Sep 2013 by
Mazzaropi

Excel formula

Solved

I have a blank excel invoice that I want to be able to type the Item number on it and have it populate the vital information on it like the item name,...

6 replies Last reply on 13 Sep 2013 by
sephiek

We loop-up

How to operate we loop-up programme in excel file

1 reply Last reply on 13 Sep 2013 by
ac3mark

Need help please: excel click timer to time each work/task

Solved

Hi Excel Pros, This is my first time to join the excel forums and have seen how helpful you guys are here. I need to come up with a visual basic...

4 replies Last reply on 11 Sep 2013 by
jsioson

Excel

Hi i need help, i have 2 cells with data in it, for example A1 = AX14587Z4 and E1 = AX14587Z3, i want to compare (match) these to cells to see of the ...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Sep 2013 by
Mazzaropi

How to extract data from one excel file to another

How do I extract data from one excel file to create a report in another excel file template? The input file has various data fields. I need to extr...

2 replies Last reply on 11 Sep 2013 by
zamorin

If function

What is the formula to get a return value of Y in column x, by looking at the data in columns a,b,c,d,e,f,g to see if they indicate y.

1 reply Last reply on 10 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Need to move 2 columns from excel to notepad

I'm in need of some help here. I have an Excel (actually Open Office) spreadsheet with two columns, A and B. There are 500 rows (sets of data). Not su...

TrowaD

If x then vlookup and sum, if y then vlookup and sum

Hi guys, This is my first post here so I hope I'm doing it right and that someone might help me out. I'm working on a spreadsheet where I inser...

TrowaD

Conditional formatting

I have list of numbers like 4J0249 4HE304 44S305 406305 4B9308 4KI308 here 3 is the last digit of the year and 04 is the week of the year ...

TrowaD

How to auto generate excell sheets based on set of values?

HI, I have a sheet with one set of values as height, width and quantity which work on formula. I have 10 set of values, but now i am copy pasting ...

TrowaD

Condintional formatting for dates

I am working on a spreedsheet to track mulitple people and the dates they signed a wavier. Everyone has different dates they signed. I would like to...

7 replies Last reply on 9 Sep 2013 by
ac3mark

Converting numbers into words

Please advice that how can i convert numbers into words. Please send solved formula and its related tips.

1 reply Last reply on 9 Sep 2013 by
BunoCS

Link between workbooks

New to the forum, hope someone can help! Let me know if I need to clarify my question and thanks in advance. When using formulas to link one workb...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Sep 2013 by
Sixthsense

Run a macro when value is...

Hello! I have been trying to run a Macro within a worksheet. Running the macro depends on the value of a cell, it can be 6 or 4 (Changes depending on ...

5 replies Last reply on 6 Sep 2013 by
ac3mark

Date and text functions

Hi, I am trying to find a function which will return the following: If the cell date falls in the previous month of the today date cell and matc...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Sep 2013 by
mannyalley

Code for the below scenario - excel vba

Good Morning/Evening , I need help in coding the below scenario. I have to code in excel vba and have requirement to look for 2 rows . 1st row ha...

9 replies Last reply on 6 Sep 2013 by
jhakas

Copy complete sheet in excel with condition of a word

i want to copy a complete sheet in excel, but only the data with specific word in one of the columns. for example : number name rate 1 dan 90 2 d...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

Copy multiple charts to multiple worksheets

Solved

Hi I have a challenge for which I cannot correctly conceptualize a workable solution so I am hoping someone here can share their thoughts on it. ...

5 replies Last reply on 5 Sep 2013 by
ibtrini

How to increment numbers automatically in excel using macro

Hi, I have a column A1 which has values like Tc001 and B1 and Tc002 > I just want to increment only the numbers. How can i achieve it using macros? ...

4 replies Last reply on 5 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

Macro to email a list of transaction in form of statement

Hi Excel Pros, I'm only a rookie when it comes to VBA excel - I have been pulling customer data via an sql link into a spreadsheet - the data for...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Sep 2013 by
ac3mark

Array lookup

Hello, I was wondring if there was a formula to do this in excel. I have the data in two columns, col a and col b What I want excel to check first i...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Sep 2013 by
ac3mark

Excel macro: rename all worksheets

Solved

So, I'm trying to figure out a way to rename all the worksheets in a workbook. the first worksheet would be "1" (without the quotation marks) and c...

7 replies Last reply on 4 Sep 2013 by
ansvk1

Excel macro error

I recently tried this macro to make a cell in excel blink but it gives me an error. Our of range error 9 This is the macro Dim NextTime As Date ...

4 replies Last reply on 3 Sep 2013 by
TrowaD

Time formulla use in excell

i use excell 2007 i want to use time formula in excel example for timeshit i enterd my company 7:00 am and i exit my company 23:00pm its autmatic ca...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

Formula to show a value in a cell if another cell has a value

Hi ............ Sheet 1 - shows a value of "Y" in A5 Sheet 1 - shows a date value in A1 Sheet 2 - A1 destination cell "Sheet 2 A1" needs to sh...

4 replies Last reply on 2 Sep 2013 by
venkat1926

Changing the format of a cell based on another cell with text

Hi There. I've spent about 4 hours trying to work out the formula or what I'm doing wrong to no avail, please help me before I lose my mind. I need ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Sep 2013 by
Kevin@Radstock

How to get numeric value in to text?

Example: In Excel sheet Cell A1 has 125 numeric value. So I want to convert this into Cell B2 as One Two Five. PLease give the solution/form...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Aug 2013 by
venkat1926

Excel formula output text which includes date

Hello, My problem is that I would like the cells that are included in my text to return in the format of a date. =IF([cell]="","",""&[cell]&" - ...

9 replies Last reply on 27 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Excel macros

Hi, I need a code for checking 2 columns with another set of two columns and display the corresponding 3rd column. Let me put in example. column...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

V lookup

Hai am joseph ,Please send how to use Vlookup formulas in excel, Your website is very useful for me & this is excellent .

1 reply Last reply on 26 Aug 2013 by
RWomanizer

Excel macro help, hiding columns

Solved

So I'm trying to figure out an Excel macro that would hide row A-K on every worksheet in a workbook. Thanks for any help

3 replies Last reply on 22 Aug 2013 by
Usama

Macro to export systematically to master spreadsheet

Hi Guys, I'm quite new to excel macros, a little help would be much appreciated! I am stuck on this problem: every quarter we receive an excel fil...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Need full row if coulam has figures

Can anyone help me plz . I need full row Seprately in second sheet if coulam has figures in cells

1 reply Last reply on 22 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Excel if formula

Haven't used Excel in quite some time so this is pretty beginner. I just want to make a formula that turns a cell a different color based on the date...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Create a macro

Hello, Please help. I am hoping that someone will be kind enough to adapt this macro that I can run each month that will return the following infor...

8 replies Last reply on 21 Aug 2013 by
louannc

Need help to create an excel macro (combine columns)

Solved

Hello, Inputs Col A and Col B ( all data ranges are variable), need out put in C Col. (MACRO), I not good at vba/e , kindly help. Col A ...

3 replies Last reply on 20 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Add two type mix font in one cell in excel 2003

Solved

hallo i have a excel 2003 userform with textbox . I have problem in my data base . I have 2 type font in my data like DevLys 010 and arial. I want to...

9 replies Last reply on 17 Aug 2013 by
aptpsbwmraj

Finding missing data in column

Hello, I have two columns of data column A and column B. There is data in Column B that does not exist in Column A. I am trying to use a formula...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Aug 2013 by
venkat1926

Recurring date formula

Solved

Hi All I have the following formula in my worksheet =IF($AA$2=2,B8+28,IF($AA$2=1,B8+7,IF($AA$2=3,EDATE(B8,1),IF($AA$2=7,EDATE(B8,12),IF($AA$2=4,...

10 replies Last reply on 15 Aug 2013 by
MRafik

Cant format date in excell

Solved

Hi, When I enter the dates as number with out forward slashes, and format them by right clicking on format cells and choosing date the date appear...

5 replies Last reply on 15 Aug 2013 by
imran123

Lookup same entry a1 in 2 worksheet & return b1 from 2nd w/sheet

Solved

Hi, I have 2 worksheets. "Master" = Sheet 1 "Status" = Sheet 2 In "Master" Worksheet there are 3 columns, A1-User ID, B1-Username, C1-Status...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Aug 2013 by
ozetrezure

Trouble with if/or function in excel

Hello all! I'm hoping you can help me with a problem I'm having. For reference, I have Excel 2008. My goal is to write an IF/OR function. The funct...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Macro to create new excel when last row is filled

Hi, The data will be automatically filled in my excel sheet and it will be more than 1500 rows. now i want a macro that automatically create a new ...

7 replies Last reply on 13 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Copy and paste range of cells in xcel

I would like to copy an paste a range of cells (A1 - A15 )in Xcel to the same row and be given the option to specify the amount of iterations of this ...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Macros to insert rows defined in column "x"

Hi, I m new to macros, need your help to create macro per my below requirement... Eg.. Value updated in column "A" is 10 so it should add 10 new...

6 replies Last reply on 12 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Macro on a pivot

Hi I have been trying to find a macro that copies a cell and pastes into a number of cells beneath it until it reaches another cell that has data, ...

5 replies Last reply on 12 Aug 2013 by
TrowaD

Can this be done?

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that I created with the help of ac3 mark. Thank you Again. It works well and now i would like to see if i can add mor...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Aug 2013 by
ac3mark

Macro range

Solved

Hello, I am somewhat inexperienced in the world of macros in excel. I have a looping macro that runs from the bottom and i want it to stop at ...

4 replies Last reply on 10 Aug 2013 by
venkat1926
Results 3601 - 3650 out of a total of 7,061