The discussions

Autofill macro or anythin tht could help.....

Hello, I have a XLSX file of my products list, there are 3959 parts total. They go like this Column A 07 11 9 900 250 07 11 9 900 673 0...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Sep 2010 by
Ray911

Compare 3 columns

Hello, Please help me. I stuck with excel formula. Need help....if two consecutive "y", the comment is "action". A B C Comment y y y - y ...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Sep 2010 by
Nana

Updating one worksheet using data from anothe

Hello, Document name: csg_na_event_table_D-2010-09-03.xls Tab/worksheet to be updated: csg_na_eventinfo Tab/worksheet that has data that needs t...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Sep 2010 by
RayH

Excel spreadsheet

Hello, I would like a cell to contain the sum of one row, but if the second row has figures entered i would like it to show that; e.g. Q8 has 2...

RayH

Create a list of referenced worksheets

I have a massive Excel Workbook with 200 tabs in it. One of the tabs references many of the other tabs in the workbook. I have been hunting and havi...

RayH

Calculations using two seperate spreadsheets

Solved

Hello, I am wanting to gather a number value already calculated in one excel spreadsheet and bring that number to another spreadsheet so I can use...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Sep 2010 by
Sam

Adding the results of cells w/count formulas

Hello, I'm trying to add the results of multple cells that contain count formulas to get a grand total of several lists of items. The lists are sepe...

RayH

Excel droplist

Hello, In one sheet list of names will be there. While entering data in the second sheet data i would like to choose from drop list from sheet o...

Trowa

Comparing data on 2 spredsheets

Hello, I'm using Excel 2007. I have 2 spreadsheets. 1 of them has a list of about 9500 post codes(spreadsheet 1 for future reference), and the 2nd ...

11 replies Last reply on 3 Sep 2010 by
E

Excel macro deleting unwanted info

Hello, I am trying to use macro to sort through a lot of data, choose a certain chunk, and copy and paste the chunk to a new file. I am able to cop...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Sep 2010 by
RayH

How to compare two columns.

Hello, i have excel sheet with more columns with applied more formulas. now i want to compare two columns values are equel or not, that rusult sho...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Sep 2010 by
Trowa

Wild card functions for if function in excel

Hello, im writing in regards of how to formulate the IF function in excel to seperate out certain characters in a particular cell. For example if a...

4 replies Last reply on 2 Sep 2010 by
Smart_GCSE_Student

Macro insert into another sheet

Hello, Please I need some codes for this excel prob. Can anyone help me??? sheet 1 doc num accnt num 2000149110 1123 2000149110 1124 ...

24 replies Last reply on 1 Sep 2010 by
rizvisa1

Comparing two excelfile worksheets

Hi, One more scenario I have . If I have three columns in worksheet1 of file1(book1) and 1 column in worksheet2 of file2(book2), I should get only ...

4 replies Last reply on 1 Sep 2010 by
THIRU

Excel 2007 - generate and excel from another

Hi, I have been stuck with this problem for a bit. The problem is - I am sending this excel file to my customers to fill in the bare minimum inf...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Aug 2010 by
Ray

Run same vba macro code on multiple sheets

Hello, I am trying to run the following code on multile sheets in a workbook. so far this code is working fine for one worksheet. Can someone help...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Aug 2010 by
Issa

Excel help

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 6.0 I am using a spreadsheet where column A will have as part of the cell text string L3 o...

Dazza

Excel formulas

Hello, I would like to ask for help on how to go about writing a formula in Excel. I have a bank statement that is approx. 2500 to 3000 line i...

Trowa

Changing dates into a month on vba

Hello, I have a column which lists the dates of certain activities in dd/mm/yy format. In the next column I would like the macro code in vba to re...

Trowa

Office03 excel file not open in win7 offic07

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0I newly installed windows 7 with office 2007 in my system. office 97- 2003 format excel...

netsa77

Creating macro's

Hello, We have two excel sheets say sheet-1 and sheet-2. I have to copy particular cells say, from column 'A' first cell to column 'A' 25th cell. ...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Aug 2010 by
venkat1926

Help! find/search within text in excel issue!

Hello, I need help, my boss wants me to put together an excel doc. with 4 columns -A, B, C, D - that when you do CTR+F you only retrieve/search in...

Ray

Excel

Hello, How can I have excel copy the entire row of data from excel file "sales" to another excel file called database if column N contains COMPANY...

Ray

Excel formulas

Hello, Please help me with this ? I know what the percentage being deducted and I know what the end total is, I would just like to know how to ...

Ray

Merge cells into one

Hello, Need help to merge range of cells [on selection] into the last selected cell [using - sign as a separator]. Is there a Function or a macro...

3 replies Last reply on 30 Aug 2010 by
Trowa

Excel macro to find last cell in sheet

Hello, I'm building a compare using Excel and the macro is going to be used on all sorts of data sizes. Could be 100 rows, could be 2000 rows. ...

4 replies Last reply on 30 Aug 2010 by
DCecil07

How to match two columns

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have 2 excel sheets with exactly the same format, in column A, I have the name of my customers and in Column B, the value of their sales. th...

13 replies Last reply on 30 Aug 2010 by
nitin

Excel condition format based on specific date

I'm trying to use conditional format in Excel to turn the cell GREEN if the date entered is AFTER Sep 30, 2009. Default is Red. I appreciate any gu...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Aug 2010 by
Ray

Please help! excel formula needed!

Solved

Hello, I have a spreadsheet with many columns: date issued, invoice number, gross£, net£, vat£, date due, date paid. until the invoice is paid ...

2 replies Last reply on 27 Aug 2010 by
Ray

Run macro by choice in data validation list

Hello, Excel 2007-I have a macro that I want to run IF one choice of a data validation list is picked. I've read through the site and don't unders...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Aug 2010 by
Ray

Need macro excel net to zero

Good Morning All, I would love to hear from all the experts on this forum. I have a set of data that consists of many rows and columns. All the tr...

3 replies Last reply on 27 Aug 2010 by
Ray

Macro to copy row in new sheet if text found

Hello, I need help in creating a macro that will copy all rows of a sheet into a new sheet if a text is found. The sheet with the data is ca...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Aug 2010 by
edz

Complicated lookup in excel

Solved

For me at least..... I have two spreadsheets that I am trying to use a lookup on. It's a little more than a VLookup. PTCI and TECI are the names ...

5 replies Last reply on 26 Aug 2010 by
DCecil07

Excel problem.

Hello, i am having a worksheet (excel 2003)with the details as bellow: coloum a: stock name coloum b: high coloum c: low coloumc...

rizvisa1

Current time by clicking comm button in excel

Hello, how to get the current time by clicking command button for any active cell

venkat1926

Copying data from one worksheet to another

Solved

Hello, I have created a worksheet with 1000 rows of information that has 12 columns that vary with input information. Each row could have 1 or up ...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Aug 2010 by
TopherPUSA

Excel date format

Hello, i have got an excel sheet which is prepared by some tool having two columns with custom and the format is mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss. when i am r...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Aug 2010 by
goodscoolxh

Macro for a range

Hello, I have this macro below that works only on single cell. How can I change the coding from just singl cell to a range of cell (a1:a30). Thanks....

2 replies Last reply on 24 Aug 2010 by
dzrdw0

Mac excel

Hello, I have had my macbook pro since April and without issue. Now all of the sudden my excel software will not open I get the following message:...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Aug 2010 by
rizvisa1

Trouble with functions in excel

Hello, I'm currently making a spreadsheet which is designed to take the start and end time of a staff members shift and use conditional formattin...

rizvisa1

Macro to divide column into multiple columns

Hello, I have a monthly report which is run and exported to Excel. I have one column of data which may be between 5K-10K rows depending on number...

rizvisa1

Comparing 2 columns and returning an answer

Hello, I'm trying to figure out a formula. If Column D = X then I want to return the value in Column B from the same row. Does that make sense? I...

rizvisa1

Convert worksheet_change event to macro

Hello, How can I convert WorkSheet_change event becomes a macro. Please see code below. thanks. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Ex...

4 replies Last reply on 24 Aug 2010 by
rizvisa1

How to merge an excel file to database?

Solved

Could someone please instruct me how to merge an excel file to database (MS Access/FoxPro/Oracle)?

10 replies Last reply on 24 Aug 2010 by
satya

Find string/date, copy row to another sheet

Hello, I'm new to VBA and currently working on a macro wherein I wanted to search for a specific date (e.g. 08/17/2010) then copy the entire row f...

7 replies Last reply on 23 Aug 2010 by
venkat1926

Macro to round up (ceiling function)

Hello, I have a bunch of raw data [in cell range $B$2:L499] I want a macro which will read each of the cells and re-populate with Integers. I'v...

5 replies Last reply on 23 Aug 2010 by
Netscur

Excel formulas

Solved

Hello, I am having difficulty copying fromulas on excell from different sheets to form an analysis page. I have 52 different sheets and need to ...

30 replies Last reply on 23 Aug 2010 by
rizvisa1

Compare two excel columns

Hello, I have two excel sheets. One has Server Names only. Second has server names with other columns with more data like OS,Supplier,Application...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Aug 2010 by
Game Start Now

Excel - formula in text count

Solved

Hello, I Need a formula in text count For Example P=1 P+P+P+P+P= 6 What is the formula in excel please defineConfiguration: Windows XP / ...

3 replies Last reply on 23 Aug 2010 by
sk

Copy / paste specfic date to other worksheet.

Solved

Hello, I've got a few columns of data in which 3 columns contain dates (in date format : dd/mm/yyyy) . Now, I want excel to seperate the entire row ...

11 replies Last reply on 22 Aug 2010 by
carman
Results 5251 - 5300 out of a total of 7,061