Skype Does't Recognize My Microphone
There are two different ways that you can make adjustments to your Skype audio input: via the control panel
and in the application
Adjust Skype Sound in the Control Panel
- Go to the Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices
- In the Playback tab, check that nothing is on mute
- In the Recording tab, check that microphone is checked
Adjust Skype Sound in the Application
- Open Skype > Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone
- Select Microsoft default device
- Uncheck "Automatically adjust audio settings"
Update Computer Sound Card Drivers
If the microphone is still not recognized, the problem may be due to the sound card. In this case:
- Check the brand and model of sound card.
- Download the latest drivers.
- It may also be useful to go to the manufacturer's website (HP, Packard bell, Dell...) and try to download the latest audio drivers.
Original article published by Jeff
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by ChristinaCCM