Your online status allows people to know if you are available to chat at that moment or not. Find out how to appear offline!
How to change your status on Facebook Messenger?
This setting is not well publicized in the app and may have gone unnoticed by many users. Nonetheless, it still exists as an option.
To appear offline using an iPhone, open the Facebook Messenger for iPhone app and select your profile icon (usually a round circle containing your profile picture). Click on the Active Status tab.
Toggle the switch to Off so that it no longer shows when you are active.
Now that you have successfully disabled Facebook Chat on your iPhone, you will no longer appear in your friends' Active tabs and will also no longer be able to see when your friends are active.
To appear offline using Android, open the Facebook Messenger for Android app, then click your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen. Next, go to Active Status.
There, you will see the Show when you're active option. To appear offline, you need to deactivate this setting.
To confirm your changes, select Turn off in the dialog box that appears.
Note: After deactivating your online status, you won't be able to see when your contacts are active or have been recently active on Facebook Messenger.
- Tips and tricks for Facebook Messenger on Android
- How to start secret conversations on Facebook Messenger?
- Turn off Messenger chat heads: on iPhone and Android
- How to pin contacts on Facebook Messenger
- Send attachments: in Messenger and on Facebook
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger