Many users still don't know that besides sending all kinds of messages and making audio and video calls, WhatsApp also allows you to send messages to yourself? It is a very useful trick that allows you to use this app as a notebook or virtual cloud. Read on to find how to do it.
Why send a message to yourself on WhatsApp?
Having a WhatsApp chat in which only you, as the transmitter and receiver of the messages, are present may seem silly. However, this trick has many advantages, among which are:
- Taking notes: With this trick, you can write down your shopping list, that great series recommendation from a friend or quotes from the book you appreciate so much. All this information can be recorded in a chat that only you can see (from WhatsApp on your phone or from your PC) and you can easily locate it with the Search option of this app.
- Save information in the cloud: This trick also allows you to save all kinds of files and data, from videos and voice notes to boarding passes and locations you want to remember. The important thing is that you have to make sure that you forwarded what you wanted to save to your WhatsApp conversation with yourself as if it were a personal and easily accessible virtual memory or cloud.
How to send a message to yourself on WhatsApp?
Before starting, although it may seem very obvious, the first thing you need to activate this trick is to have installed WhatsApp. This trick works in all versions of WhatsApp (iPhone, Android, Desktop). Now that everything is ready, just follow these simple steps:
- Add your phone number to your address book: follow the same procedure as when you add a new person to your phone book, but enter your name and phone number.
- Open WhatsApp and create a new group. To do so, click on the drop-down menu at the top right and select New Group).
- Select your phone number and a friend's number to be deleted later: you will be the only active contact in that new group (WhatsApp does not allow you to create a group from scratch, so the first time you must put someone else in it before you can expel them).
- Give your group a name (for example, you can put 'Personal notes', 'My assignments and notes' or any other title you can think of).
- Make sure you expel the friend you put in so you can create your WhatsApp group with yourself.
It's that easy! You can now send messages to yourself on WhatsApp, as many times as you want, and then access that information from your phone or through your computer.
Note: Now that you have a conversation with yourself on WhatsApp, we recommend that you pin it to the top of your chats so that you can find it quickly and easily whenever you need to.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
- How to whatsapp yourself on iphone
- Whatsapp yourself iphone
- How to message yourself on whatsapp iphone
- How to turn off whatsapp on iphone > Guide
- How to see starred messages in whatsapp on iphone > Guide
- Whatsapp for iphone 4 old version > Télécharger
- How many types of WhatsApp are there? > Guide
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS > Guide
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- How to delete WhatsApp contact: not in address book, iPhone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp voice changer: app, iPhone, male to female
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- How to create Memoji WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, stickers
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Send photos WhatsApp: iPhone, without compressing, Android
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- How to protect WhatsApp: with Password, with Fingerprint
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: for one group, sound
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2021, privacy, video call
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp