Create IGTV: video, Instagram, account, channel
IGTV (Instagram TV) was launched in 2018 as the platform celebrated reaching 1 billion users. Since then, Instagram has become a great marketing platform for a variety of companies who promote their products via IGTV. This article explain what IGTV is, how to create an IGTV channel and add a video.
What is IGTV?
IGTV is Instagram's video platform. It's an independent app, although it can also be accessed from the standard Instagram application. Any person or company can create their own channel, although it's particularly useful for brands and influencers, since it serves as an excellent showcase for product promotion at a lower cost than traditional TV marketing. On IGTV you can create small ads or videos up to 60 minutes in length. Content is published randomly on Instagram, so your potential audience is huge if it goes viral!
How to create an IGTV channel?
To get started, download the official IGTV app: IGTV for Android and IGTV for iOS. To create an account, simply link it to your existing Instagram account. Check out the home screen: here you will find videos published by others, classified by topic. Subscribe to the channels that interest you the most.
To Create Your Channel
1. Press the gear icon to open Settings.
2. Select Create Channel and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Once you complete the instructions, your channel will be made and linked to your Instagram account
How to add a video to IGTV?
1. Tap on your profile picture. Tapping on the + symbol will open the photo and video gallery on your cell phone.
2. Add the video you want to upload.
3. After loading, you can find your stored videos by pressing the icon of your profile photo. Here you will find all the videos loaded with the IGTV app.
IGTV video specifications
- Duration: at least one minute. At most, 15 minutes if you upload it from a mobile and one hour if you upload it from the IGTV web version.
- File type: MP4 format. Vertical videos with an aspect ratio of 9:16 or horizontal videos of 16:9. Minimum 30 FPS (frames per second) and minimum resolution of 720 pixels.
- Size: 650 MB for videos of 10 minutes or less and up to 3.6 GB for large videos.
Advantages of IGTV
Since its launch, IGTV has become a very interesting opportunity to show the world what you have to offer. Watching videos on Instagram, like YouTube, has become an everyday activity for millions of users. AS they are played automatically, you have a much better chance of reaching a larger audiences. Additionally, the fact that you can upload videos in vertical format makes the viewing experience much more mobile friendly. We encourage you to check out what other brands are doing to experiment with content because IGTV as a marketing platform is here to stay.
Need more help with Instagram? Check out our Forum!