PayPal is one of the most widely used online payment methods worldwide for private and business transactions. So no matter your reasons, read on to find out how to shut down your PayPal account.
Why close your PayPal account?
From December 16, 2020, the PayPal platform will charge an inactivity fee for accounts that were not in use for at least 12 consecutive months. The penalty may rise up to $12 per year if you haven't used it for payments, transactions and transfers as well as just logging in from time to time. So if you have a PayPal account that you don't use at all, it might be better to delete it for good.
How to close a personal or business account?
Before closing your account, make sure to withdraw any money you have in your Paypal account.
To close your account via your online account:
- Log into your Paypal account.
- Click on the Settings icon next to Log out.
- Click Close your account under the Account option.
- Enter your bank account number if requested.
- Click Close Account to confirm.
To close your account via your Paypal app:
- Log into your PayPal App.
- Click on the Profile icon located in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down and click on Close your account
- Click on the Close Account button.
If you choose to close your account, the following actions will occur:
- Any unpaid money requests are automatically canceled.
- You lose any unused redemption codes or coupons.
- You will be able to reopen another account using any email address you want (but you lose all the information related to the previous accounts).
- Close paypal account
- How to delete paypal account
- Delete paypal account
- Delete fake Facebook account [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to delete Hotmail account? > Guide
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web > Guide
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily > Guide
- Close my Skype account [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Shazam on computer: how to use it
- How to use TinyWeb Server on Windows?
- Adjust webpage to fit all screen resolutions
- How to help Ukraine: refugees, donate, support, now
- Install a VPN: on router, Firestick, Samsung Smart TV
- How to celebrate christmas online: virtually, with kids
- Create a custom Bitly URL
- Download videos for free: from Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin
- Winter Olympics 2022: schedule, sports, where to watch
- How to make redirect in PHP?
- Badoo lost password: how to recover it
- How to declutter your digital life?
- Badoo sign up: download, code, in English
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart
- Connect Jio phone's internet to PC: via hotspot, USB
- Translate text with DeepL: online, for free
- Switch language on your website: via html, automatically
- Enable cookies: Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer, iPhone
- Find car owner's details with license plate in India
- How to view and change my IP address: Windows, Linux, Mac
- How to start trading stocks online: for beginners
- Fact checking and verification on the Internet
- Best digital Christmas gifts: for clients, for students
- Tokyo Olympics: watch online, live, free
- What is Messenger Rooms
- Update your email address on your Aadhaar card online
- Sustainable gifts for Christmas: apps & websites
- Most famous robots in movies
- Best online learning platforms: for adults, kids, free
- Who to call if you have Coronavirus symptoms: UK, US
- Improve video calls: quality, lighting
- How to unsubscribe or delete your Tuenti account
- Pet adoption: websites and apps
- Things to do at home: online, with friends, by yourself
- Change the font: on Instagram, Facebook post, Twitter
- How to set up e-commerce website: online, free
- Virtual birthday party: ideas for kids, adults, games, etc.
- What is 5G technology and how it works?
- What does Bomboclaat mean
- How to build a WordPress website: on your PC, from scratch
- Create a website: for free, from scratch, for business
- How to get cheap flights: anywhere, without specific dates