Mac computers come equipped with a Mail App to help organize your e-mail accounts. This article will show you how to reset your e-mail preferences to the default settings on MacOS X, including Big Sur, Catalina and Mojave.
How to reset Apple Mail preferences on MacOS X?
The procedure is as follows:
- Select Finder > in your Menu Bar and open the "Go" menu (at the top of the screen).
- Select "Go to Folder..."
- Type the following: ~/Library/Preferences
- Search for the file named com.apple.mail.plist. You can search using CMD F and entering the file name, or just scrolling down to find it.
- Once located, delete "com.apple.mail.plist" and relaunch the Mail app.
Your mail settings will now have been reset.
Need more help with your Mac? Check out our Forum!
- Reset mail app mac
- Reset apple mail
- Mail preferences
- How to reset calendar on mac > Guide
- Reset admin password Mac: single user mode, OS X > Guide
- Apple Mail backup: mailbox, emails, iCloud > Guide
- Repair keychain: Mac, Big Sur, Monterey, Mojave > Guide
- How to delete multiple files on Mac > Guide
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max: price, specs, release date
- How to find IP address on Mac: computer, terminal
- How to receive files via Bluetooth on Mac
- Force delete Mac file: in use, terminal
- How to reinstall MacOS without disc
- How to allow downloads from unknown sources Mac
- How to clear recents in Mac finder
- Apple WWDC 2022: MacBook Air, date, keynote, event
- How to disable automatic downloads of attachments on Mac
- How to change Calendar settings on Mac
- How to save a webpage as a PDF on Mac: Chrome, Safari
- How to use command F: on Mac, on iPhone
- How to show volume in menu bar on Mac OS
- How to disable disk image verification on MacOS
- How to disable trackpad Mac: shortcut, terminal
- Save webpages for offline viewing in Safari on Mac
- Change MacBook name: terminal, in iCloud, Airdrop, Bluetooth
- Convert JPG to PDF: Mac, online, free
- MacOS Monterey: release date, new features, compatibility
- Apple Magic Mouse: install, connect to Mac, use
- Apple Silicon: M1 chip, roadmap, release date, specs
- Disable disk image verification: Mac OS
- How to disable iCloud: photos, back up, on iPhone, on Mac
- Speed up a slow Mac: Mini, computer, in 5 minutes
- Connect MacBook to TV: wireless, HDMI
- How to format an external drive on Mac
- How to force quit on Mac?