If you're using a Mac, you have the option to deactivate your recent items list. Check out this FAQ to adjust your settings.
Turn off the recent items list on MacOS?
Here's how to disable the Recent items (Apple menu > Recent items) feature of Mac OS X. The procedure is as follows:
- Go to System Preferences
- Then select General
- Click on the "Recent items" menu
- Finally select "None", and the recent items list will be turned off.
How to clear recents in Finder?
Open Finder and go to preferences in the bar at the top of the screen.
Then select Sidebar and in Finder preferences and then unselect Recents.
Need more help with your Mac? Check out our Forum!
- How to clear recents on mac
- Mac disable recent items
- Clear recents folder mac
- Windows media player for mac > Download
- Mac mini m1x release date > Guide
- Xvideoservicethief youtube video in punjabi song mp3 download mac os > Forum - Google Chrome
- Dns probe finished no internet mac [solved] > Forum - MacOS
- Flixtor mac > Download
- How to find IP address on Mac: computer, terminal
- How to receive files via Bluetooth on Mac
- Force delete Mac file: in use, terminal
- Repair keychain: Mac, Big Sur, Monterey, Mojave
- How to reinstall MacOS without disc
- How to reset mail on Mac: Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave
- How to reset calendar on Mac OS
- Reset admin password Mac: single user mode, OS X
- How to delete multiple files on Mac
- How to allow downloads from unknown sources Mac
- Apple WWDC 2022: MacBook Air, date, keynote, event
- How to disable automatic downloads of attachments on Mac
- How to change Calendar settings on Mac
- How to save a webpage as a PDF on Mac: Chrome, Safari
- How to show volume in menu bar on Mac OS
- How to use command F: on Mac, on iPhone
- How to disable trackpad Mac: via a shortcut, terminal
- How to disable disk image verification on MacOS
- Apple Mail backup: mailbox, emails, iCloud
- Change MacBook name: terminal, in iCloud, Airdrop, Bluetooth
- Save webpages for offline viewing in Safari on Mac
- Convert JPG to PDF: Mac, online, free
- Apple Magic Mouse: install, connect to Mac, use
- MacOS Monterey: release date, new features, compatibility
- Apple Silicon: M1 chip, roadmap, release date, specs
- Disable disk image verification: Mac OS
- How to disable iCloud: photos, back up, on iPhone, on Mac
- Speed up a slow Mac: Mini, computer, in 5 minutes
- Connect MacBook to TV: wireless, HDMI
- How to format an external drive on Mac
- How to force quit on Mac?