If you're using a Mac, you have the option to deactivate your recent items list. Check out this FAQ to adjust your settings.
Turn off the recent items list on MacOS?
Here's how to disable the Recent items (Apple menu > Recent items) feature of Mac OS X. The procedure is as follows:
- Go to System Preferences
- Then select General
- Click on the "Recent items" menu
- Finally select "None", and the recent items list will be turned off.
How to clear recents in Finder?
Open Finder and go to preferences in the bar at the top of the screen.
Then select Sidebar and in Finder preferences and then unselect Recents.
Need more help with your Mac? Check out our Forum!
- Mac disable recent items
- How to hide recents on mac
- Disable recent files mac
- Mac disable trackpad when mouse is connected
- How to delete multiple files on Mac > Guide
- How to Remove the Reading List Column in Safari
- Disable the Automatic Download of Attachments on Mac's Mail App
- Disable The Disk Image Verification on Mac OS
- Apple Silicon: M1 chip, roadmap, release date, specs
- MacOS Monterey: release date, new features, compatibility
- Apple Mail backup: mailbox, emails, iCloud
- How to disable trackpad Mac: shortcut, terminal
- How to use command F: on Mac, on iPhone
- How to disable automatic downloads of attachments on Mac
- How to change Calendar settings on Mac
- How to disable disk image verification on MacOS
- How to save a webpage as a PDF on Mac: Chrome, Safari
- How to disable iCloud: photos, back up, on iPhone, on Mac
- How to show volume in menu bar on Mac OS
- Speed up a slow Mac: Mini, computer, in 5 minutes
- Change MacBook name: terminal, in iCloud, Airdrop, Bluetooth
- Convert JPG to PDF: Mac, online, free
- Repair keychain: Mac, Big Sur, Monterey, Mojave
- Force delete Mac file: in use, terminal
- How to reset calendar on Mac OS
- How to receive files via Bluetooth on Mac
- How to allow downloads from unknown sources Mac
- How to find IP address on Mac: computer, terminal
- How to reset mail on Mac: Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave
- How to reinstall MacOS without disc
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max: price, specs, release date