When you buy an iMac, you also get the Apple Magic mouse. This wireless mouse comes with all of the features of a conventional mouse, and then some. This article will teach you how to install and use the mouse.
How to install and use the Apple Magic Mouse?
- Unpack the mouse and insert the battery. Make sure that the Bluetooth is enabled on your iMac by going to Apple menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Now, go the Apple menu > System Preferences > Trackpad. In the lower-right corner of the window, click Setup Bluetooth Trackpad.
- Turn on the Magic Mouse. After a couple of seconds, the Magic Mouse will appear in your Search Preferences. Now, click Continue. Your Magic Mouse is now connected to your Mac device.
Thanks to the magic mouse's multi-touch sensor, you can perform a whole slew of gestures.
- To single click, tap your finger anywhere on the surface of the Magic Mouse.
- To access the context menu, just tap on the front corner of the Magic Mouse.
- To scroll, simply wipe on the Magic Mouse surface in your desired direction.
- To zoom in or out, hold down the CTRL key and swipe your finger up or down.