There are plenty of interesting apps from trustworthy developers which are not available on the Mac App Store and you might want to try them out. This tutorial explains how to easily run apps downloaded from unknown sources on your Mac.
How to run apps downloaded from unknown sources on MacOS?
To limit the risk of malware infections, the Gatekeeper feature of Mac OS X restrict the download and installation of applications to the Mac App Store and identified developers, namely to all the apps that follow Apple's PLA (Program License Agreement).
Open the Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General tab. Under Allow apps downloaded from select App Store and identified developers:
Download and install the app. To launch the app simply Ctrl-click on its icon > Open.
Need more help with your Mac? Check out our Forum!
- Allow installation from unknown sources mac
- Allow install from unknown sources mac
- Install apps from unknown sources mac
- Download windows media player mac > Download
- Download boot camp for mac > Download
- Install & download DuckDuckGo: Chrome, Firefox, app, on iPad > Guide
- Download Instagram app: for PC, for Mac, for free > Guide
- Age of Empires IV > Download
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max: price, specs, release date
- How to find IP address on Mac: computer, terminal
- How to receive files via Bluetooth on Mac
- Force delete Mac file: in use, terminal
- How to reinstall MacOS without disc
- Repair keychain: Mac, Big Sur, Monterey, Mojave
- How to reset mail on Mac: Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave
- How to reset calendar on Mac OS
- How to delete multiple files on Mac
- Reset admin password Mac: single user mode, OS X
- How to clear recents in Mac finder
- Apple WWDC 2022: MacBook Air, date, keynote, event
- How to disable automatic downloads of attachments on Mac
- How to change Calendar settings on Mac
- How to save a webpage as a PDF on Mac: Chrome, Safari
- How to use command F: on Mac, on iPhone
- How to show volume in menu bar on Mac OS
- How to disable disk image verification on MacOS
- How to disable trackpad Mac: shortcut, terminal
- Apple Mail backup: mailbox, emails, iCloud
- Save webpages for offline viewing in Safari on Mac
- Change MacBook name: terminal, in iCloud, Airdrop, Bluetooth
- Convert JPG to PDF: Mac, online, free
- MacOS Monterey: release date, new features, compatibility
- Apple Magic Mouse: install, connect to Mac, use
- Apple Silicon: M1 chip, roadmap, release date, specs
- Disable disk image verification: Mac OS
- How to disable iCloud: photos, back up, on iPhone, on Mac
- Speed up a slow Mac: Mini, computer, in 5 minutes
- Connect MacBook to TV: wireless, HDMI
- How to format an external drive on Mac
- How to force quit on Mac?