Apple Mail backup: mailbox, emails, iCloud
If you're not keen on archiving emails in your Mail application, Mac OS users can backup their emails in a folder on their hard drive.
How to back up mailbox and emails on Apple Mail app?
- Close out the Mail application and copy the following folder location into your Finder:
- Drag and drop the folder onto your removable disc. To restore it, simply copy it back from the hard disc to your hard drive.
- The system will ask if you would like to replace the existing folder. Confirm by clicking Yes.
N.B. You can also access your Mail preferences file by heading to:
How to use iCloud to back up Mail?
- Go into the Apple Mail app and select Mailbox.
- Go to the menu bar and then choose Export Mailbox.
- Decide where you want the export to go, and confirm.
- Your Apple emails will now have been extracted as an MBOX file. You now need to migrate the MBOX file to iCloud using an MBOX converter tool.
Need more help with your Mac? Check out our Forum!