Network PC asking for username and password: Windows 10
A username and password may be required to access a network computer to share files or connect to the internet. However, it is not always necessary and a computer on a workgroup may not ask for a password. If a computer on a workgroup suddenly begins asking for a password when you try to connect to it, this may be a sign that some of your settings may have been changed by accident. This article will show you how to fix this issue.
N.B. The procedures described in this article are specifically for Windows 7. They should, however, also work for Windows 10 and other systems.
To fix a computer on a workgroup that has suddenly begun asking for a password follow these steps:
Click Start and right-click Network under your user photo.
- Next, choose Properties > Choose home group and sharing options in the lower list. Next, select Change advanced sharing settings....
- Under Password protected sharing, select Turn off password protected sharing.
Need more help with Windows? Check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- Network asking for username and password
- Network sharing asking for username and password
- Network computer asking for username and password
- Subway surfers download for pc > Download - Platform
- Download youtube for pc > Download - Videos and news
- Facebook account hacked and password changed > Facebook Forum
- Instagram for pc > Download - Social media
- Capcut pc > Download - Video editing