If you still use the Windows 7 operating system, you might wonder how to change the startup message. In this short article, we will explain how to have Windows 7 display a custom message at startup as a pop-up.
How to display a custom message at startup?
- Select Start > Run then type "regedit" and press the Enter key.
- Use the left sidebar to navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System
- On the right panel, double-click on LegalNoticeCaption and edit the value field to change the pop-up's title.
- On the right panel, double-click on LegalNoticeText and edit the value field to change the pop-up's content.
- Once done close the registry editor and restart your PC to view the result.