How to change the welcome message in Windows 7
If you still use the Windows 7 operating system, you might wonder how to change the startup message. In this short article, we will explain how to have Windows 7 display a custom message at startup as a pop-up.
How to display a custom message at startup?
- Select Start > Run then type "regedit" and press the Enter key.
- Use the left sidebar to navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System
- On the right panel, double-click on LegalNoticeCaption and edit the value field to change the pop-up's title.
- On the right panel, double-click on LegalNoticeText and edit the value field to change the pop-up's content.
- Once done close the registry editor and restart your PC to view the result.
any more questions about windows 7? check out our forum!
Around the same subject
- How to change welcome screen in windows 7
- How to reset windows 10 password without logging in > Guide
- How to change date format in excel > Guide
- Download webcam for windows 7 > Download - Other
- Download instagram for pc windows 7 > Download - Social media
- Disable welcome screen windows 10 > Guide