I am currently writing a lengthy document and want to add my name as a watermark to some pages and another name to others. But the problem is if I apply my name as watermark, it marks it on all pages and I do not want, I just want to apply to some pages. Is that possible with Microsoft Office 2010?
A watermark object (picture or text) is
anchored in the Header area.
You can use different watermarks on different pages:
- Make sure that you use section breaks to separate the sets of pages that require differing Watermarks (including sections with NO watermark).
- For this go Page layout ----Page setup ---- Break ---- Section Break
- Insert the Watermark you would like for any section
- initially it will be the same throughout the document.
- Double-click, and modify, the Headers so that each section does NOT have 'Same as previous'.
- Move to the (in your case) first section, double-click its Header - you will now be able to 'select' the watermark with a single (Left-)click.
- Right Click the Watermark, choose 'Edit text, and modify the Watermark for that section.
- Repeat for the other sections until you have whatever Watermark you want (including NO Watermark) in each section.
Thanks to RWomanizer
for this tip.
This document, titled « Microsoft Office - Add watermark to some pages », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM