In this tutorial you will learn how to modify the default font of WordPad. While it is possible to change the default font via the Settings
menu of most word processors (Microsoft Word, LibreOffice,Open office,... ), WordPad doesn't provide such option.
The solution is to create a document template with WordPad and use it as a shortcut.
The procedure is as follows:
- Launch WordPad.
- Click at the top of the document
- Select a font, font size, font color,...
- Click on the File menu > "Save As".
- Save the file on your desktop and name it as "WordPad".
- Right-click on the "WordPad" file > "Properties".
- Check the "Read Only" option and click "OK"
- Read-only eliminates the possibility of making accidental changes to the document (lose your custom font settings).
- You can now launch WordPad using this file. WordPad opens with your custom font settings.
- Just remember to save your new document using another filename..