The discussions

Conditional formatting based on dates

Massive long shot here.....I'm trying to conditionally format certain cells to black out after the end of a certain month. It is for a monthly time...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Move completed data in sheet 2

Hello, I have raw data in sheet 1. I need to move completed data in sheet 2. I m using column H to update work status as "completed or pending". Pls...

TrowaD

Excel vba - color code column cells based on values

Hi, Super new to VBA, and need to write code to evaluate the values in Column I, starting with I3 and going down a varying number of rows depending...

TrowaD

How do i change the format "yy/mm/dd" to show as "mm/dd/yy"?

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that I need to convert the date fields from the format "YY/MM/DD" to read as "MM/DD/YY". For example, if the field c...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Dec 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Need to write a macro to copy a row of information if true

Solved

Hi, I have a workbook with several tabs and I want to first check if Column F on the first sheet contains 13 as the year (12/16/13 is the format) and...

7 replies Last reply on 22 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Vba cut/paste in another tab

Dear all, I'm trying to copy in a different tab all rows that indicate in column [AN] a value less to or equal to 12. However, this column, as i...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Transfer data from a sheet to another many sheets

Hello, I am trying to transfer data from one sheet to many other sheets . For example , when I write data to a row , I woul...

10 replies Last reply on 22 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Assistance with excel macros

Greetings all My company uses Excel to track inspections and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers and I'm trying to add some functionality to...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Dec 2014 by
RayH

Conditional formatting a row from a validation list

Hello, OK, I am trying to apply a conditional format to a worksheet whereas I have a validation list in a column at the end of the row of data. Ba...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Dec 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Excel-macro to sumup data from multiple workbooks to master xlsx

Hi All, Can you please help me. Scenario: 1. There is a common template which has some tasks listed in columns against which the team members wil...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Dec 2014 by
Unokashi

Vba help!

Hello, I am absolutely a novice when it comes to macros and VBA and need some help. I have a workbook with 6 worksheets. The first work sheet ("Al...

2 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Using a macro to copy & paste from one sheet to another.

Solved

Hello, Hi Guy's I hope you can help, I am using two sheets. one is spread across different rows so when I click create list it copies everything ...

8 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Excel formula numbers to dates

Solved

Hi, I need an excel formula for changing numbers to dates. It is part of the Julian Calendar but backwards and one extra number. Ex. 273143 is 9/...

6 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
ah2jh1sh2

How to use releative refrences in conditional formating??

Solved

the first picture is the formatting rule of C7 cell the second picture is the formatting rule of E7 cell which i copy from C7. as you c...

8 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Transferring data from a excel workbook to another automatically

Hi There, I'm fairly new at macros and I would like to write a code that will help me transfer data from a workbook to another. I update Workbook 1...

2 replies Last reply on 18 Dec 2014 by
Legacy1990

Conditional formatting based on another cell

Solved

Hello, this is what I want: EXAMPLE: B3= Arash if B6=1 then B3 goes red if B6=2 then B3 Goes yellow and if B6=3 then B3 goes green i want to...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Dec 2014 by
ArashMan

Conditional formatting based on another cell

Solved

i want to type a name in cell B3. and I want the cell's color change when I type 1,2 or 3 in B6 cell by using conditional formatting. is that possible...

5 replies Last reply on 17 Dec 2014 by
ArashMan

Excel: merge adjacent rows if they contain the same values

Closed

Hello all, I am trying to speed up a task which I have do it manually with VBA: There is a table like below" Date;Name;ID;Text 20120...

16 replies Last reply on 17 Dec 2014 by
lukal4

Color cell

please help me how to apply colors in cell using with formula..

1 reply Last reply on 17 Dec 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Problem in excl

=IF(Y9="adgaon kh","channi",IF(Y9="ambasi","channi",IF(Y9="changefal","channi",IF(Y9="channi","channi",IF(Y9="charangaon","channi",IF(Y9="chatari","ch...

Mazzaropi

Converting multiple rows to one with multiple colums

Hello everyone, Can anyone help me with converting the below example of data in Excel Many thanks in advance.

venkat1926

Help me to add particular cells

Solved

Hello, i want to sum particular cells when a number consists in a cell eg:- =IF($B$81:$BH$81=7=TRUE,SUM($B$77:$BH$77),0) it calculates a...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Dec 2014 by
mathew munna

Conditional formatting

Hello, I'm trying to create a table for a field trip. Essentially, I want the students name highlighted based on their homeroom teacher. There are...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Dec 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Macro/command button help

Solved

Hello, I am in need of some help here and would greatly appreciate it. Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I have a basic excel file with two s...

12 replies Last reply on 13 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Copy info from one excel sheet to another sheet

Solved

Hello, I am respectfully asking for assistance on an issue i am having trying to write a macro for a form that i am currently working on. I have ...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Dec 2014 by
sstanger

To check first letters of two columns are equal

Hello, could you please tell me how to check whether first letters of two columns are equal

1 reply Last reply on 11 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

How to auto copy

Hello, My workbook contains about 1000 sales entries on sheet 1 . Some customers paid in full, but some other don`t. I will put a * beside the cus...

5 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

What type does it want? (vba question)

Solved

Hello, So I have a pull-down list in Excel 2003 that is an expanded version of this: 011 012 01T 111 If I type in the cell (rather than ...

3 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Comparing two columns

I have two columns both of which contain list of names.i want to get the output as true if the names are somewhat similar eg dane john and dwayne john...

4 replies Last reply on 11 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Fix the last date

Hello, my target is 3900 but daily target is 50, how to fix last date for closing of my target. please define formula with examples Configurati...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting???

Hello, If I enter 1 in a particular cell, I want that cell and the next cell in the row changes to certain colour fill (ex. G5=1, then G5, H5)... ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting to hide 00:00 in column

Solved

Hello, I would be very grateful if there is somebody who could help me find the solution to what is most likely a simple problem. I don't have a grea...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Dec 2014 by
Sharky9000

Coping & pasting data in first blank cell in same worksheet

Hello, I would like the vba code for a macro ( using a form button) that copies data from cell:M1 to A13:A30 depending on which is the first blan...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting based on checkbox

Hi, I've been trying to conditionally format a merged cell by what happens to a checkbox. If my checkbox is blank and the control cell in B16 is "...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Help me on this formula to shorten

Solved

Hello, i have 2 formulas tick mark automatically on worksheet.. please help me if further it can be shortened.. i want to know if J1 K1 L1 can sho...

5 replies Last reply on 6 Dec 2014 by
mathewmunna

How to copy data from one spreadsheet to all others

Please, does anyone have a macro to copy data from a specific range on a standard sheet (ideally with formatting) to all but one other sheet active in...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Dec 2014 by
rizvisa1

Copy data based upon cell value

Hello, Need help on copying data from file1.xlsx into multiple .xlsx file based upon column G values. The file1.xlsx contains... Column F Column...

6 replies Last reply on 6 Dec 2014 by
rizvisa1

Excel macro for copy row to another workbook.

Hello, New-ish to excel and I'm helping improve systems at the work place. The issue is I want to be able to copy a row. e.g. | New | 12345...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Dec 2014 by
vcoolio

Excel picture inserting macro help - urgent

Solved/Closed

Dear Rizvisa, please consider this little urgent and be kind to help me please I m trying to insert picture in excel column using macro which ta...

25 replies Last reply on 4 Dec 2014 by
jackcluseau

Conditional formatting on excel 2010

Hi, I am trying to figure out the correct method in which to apply a formula in conditional formatting. The first row contain the document names....

1 reply Last reply on 4 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

How autofill data from sheet1 to sheet2 in different order.

When we type numbers in any sequence in sheet1 but they out come countinusely in sorting sequence in sheet2

1 reply Last reply on 4 Dec 2014 by
TrowaD

Multi percentage calculation

Hi all, Good day!! Need help in Excel formulas. I'm creating a workbook to counting a value in multi percentage and multi level. Here I attac...

4 replies Last reply on 4 Dec 2014 by
Winndixie

How to count different charecters

Solved

Hello, Please help me to count different charecters like xpa, spa, spb xpb.. if any of this exist in the cell it should count. if xpa is in A1 spa...

5 replies Last reply on 4 Dec 2014 by
mathewmunna

Check if input number is minimum and display a pop up dialogue

Hi, I am novice VBA developer. I am trying to write a macro which does following. 1.When a user enter a particular value into cell 2.Check if ...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Dec 2014 by
Murali

Change date format

Hello, Change date format dd.mm.yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy for excel 2007

1 reply Last reply on 2 Dec 2014 by
ac3mark

For progress billing

Hello, how can i automatically know the percentage area of a accomplished tiles by simply counting the tiles Configuration: Windows / Chrome 3...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Dec 2014 by
ac3mark

How can i transfer data from one spread sheet to another?

Solved

Hi, I'm working in excel and on one spreadsheet and I'm having to retype everything on to another spread sheet, I want to be able to have my data ...

5 replies Last reply on 30 Nov 2014 by
elizatex23

Finding data in different excel sheets with month-sort by vba?

Hello, I have 2 workbooks named DB1 and DB2.The first one involves 12 sheets sorted by months names for example:"Apr-14" ,each sheet contains a tabl...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Nov 2014 by
polarstorm

Automatically moving rows from sheet 1 to sheet 2

My document has several sheets, but what I'd like to do is create a VBA to automatically move a row to sheet 1 from sheet 2 when I have selected 'Acti...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Nov 2014 by
vcoolio

Repair corrupt excel file

I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is huge. I have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open. Has an...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Nov 2014 by
alvarsson52
Results 2801 - 2850 out of a total of 7,061