Excel Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 2801 - 2850 of about 9,840
  • Extracting matched observation and its corresponding row Closed

Hello, I have excel sheet containing around 100K observations (rows). There is one column say "A" containing some IDs and each ID is having 10 par...

Abhi88 | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 9, 2016
    1 reply
  • Can't change format of cell Closed

Hello, Using Excel 2013. I have a document which consists of various combinations for padlocks in a format of 00-00-00 most come out correct...

Soo | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 9, 2016
    3 replies
  • T-Shirts Closed

Hello, I have 3 columns Male, Female AND Long Sleeve, I then have 7 columns of sizes 4XL, 3XL, 2XL, XL, L, M, S. If and x is placed in one of the 3...

julie | Latest reply: julie Feb 8, 2016
    0 replies
  • conditional formatting Closed

I am creating a dashboard to monitor the metrics of several facilities. This spreadsheet has a summary page and each facility has their own sheet to ...

cndwillis | Latest reply: cndwillis Feb 7, 2016
    0 replies
  • Explain formula Closed

Hi, please can anyone explain what excactly does this formula? =INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$13,SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY(MMULT(--(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$13={"jan","feb","m...

NickBR | Latest reply: NickBR Feb 5, 2016
    0 replies
  • Date format nightmare Solved/Closed

solved with this: Because it is not a date to excel. 1. Select the column in which there was date 2. Goto data and choose text to column 3....

Webill | Latest reply: xpcman Feb 5, 2016
    1 reply
  • total number of text Closed

In column C, there are drop down values for Complete, Incomplete, and In Progress. I would like to put summary statements that say: The TOTAL number...

suspet | Latest reply: suspet Feb 5, 2016
    0 replies
  • Matching Names Closed

Hello, I have two lists with names approximately 10,000 on excel. I want to find out if there is a formulae for near matches against the two list...

willymuigai | Latest reply: willymuigai Feb 5, 2016
    0 replies
  • Pleas:Using a Macro to Insert one Picture into Cells in range Closed

Dears, I would like to ask you for help with following topic: I would like to insert a picture from file stored in my computer defined by name of f...

antaju3 | Latest reply: antaju3 Feb 5, 2016
    0 replies
  • Using a Macro to Insert one Picture into Cells in range Closed

I would like to insert a picture from file stored in my computer defined by name of file from cell B2 to cells in range given by lines in C2 and colum...

antaju3 | Latest reply: antaju3 Feb 4, 2016
    0 replies
  • Count multiple instances of keywords in a cell Closed

Hello, I have to scan through a column of text comments for certain keywords, and count the number of times these keywords pop up in each comment. ...

miruku | Latest reply: miruku Feb 4, 2016
    0 replies
  • Automatic Key In Closed

Hello, I have 2 main sheets at play here: SS Order Order Placement SS Order is a supply allocation form that has loads of past records and ha...

JXChin | Latest reply: JXChin Feb 4, 2016
    0 replies
  • Macro Help Closed

Greetings fellow users! I am in need of some assistance: Recently, I have created a macro in which I need to copy 100+ variables from one shee...

futurepsych92 | Latest reply: futurepsych92 Feb 3, 2016
    0 replies
  • Excel sum value... Solved/Closed

Dear I would like to know how to do the below mentioned formula I have tried but not resulted. Excel - Sum value in column when cells contains ...

anazar | Latest reply: anazar Feb 3, 2016
    2 replies
  • Macro Help Closed

I have created a macro in which I need to copy 100+ variables from one sheet to another. Due to various constraints, I have found it easiest to paste...

futurepsych92 | Latest reply: futurepsych92 Feb 3, 2016
    0 replies
  • Not being able to find the range path..need help!!!!! Closed

Sub INSERT_PIC() Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error Resume Next ' Macro3 Macro ' Macro recorded 22/05/2002 by SVK ' Worksheets("Pictu...

ssachin | Latest reply: ssachin Feb 3, 2016
    0 replies
  • Insert and delete column with macro Closed

I have master data that need to be edit first, it contain many unused columns but not merger and i want to delete those columns after that i need to i...

rb2627 | Latest reply: rb2627 Feb 3, 2016
    0 replies
  • Formula Help Solved/Closed

Can someone please help me with this formula =IF(G2="1",VSC410, IF(G2="2",VSC450, IF(G2="3",VSC470))) What i am trying to do is : if G2 has the...

marg2810 | Latest reply: vcoolio Feb 3, 2016
    3 replies
  • Excel 2010: Adding rows based on value from other cell Closed

Hi, I see that similar questions have been answered many times but mine is a bit different. First of all, i would like to say that i am very new...

vicky12345 | Latest reply: vicky12345 Feb 2, 2016
    0 replies
  • summing results from vlookup function Closed

I have a table with 5 columns. I am trying to use vlookup and a variation of sum (sumif) to compare the value in cell A5 to the values in cells A20-A6...

jb27frisc | Latest reply: jb27frisc Feb 2, 2016
    0 replies
  • Conditional Formatting based on year Solved/Closed

Guys, I come again cap in hand with another plea for help on a sort of finished project, but I want to make it better. I have some conditional f...

BrianGreen | Latest reply: BrianGreen Feb 2, 2016
    1 reply
  • How to Type in one worksheet and have it appear in another Closed

Hello, if anybody could please help me with this, I have 2 spread sheets. They are exactly the same except one is in English and one is in Spanish. I ...

nickyDiesep | Latest reply: nickyDiesep Feb 2, 2016
    0 replies
  • How to type in one sheet and have it show up in another Closed

I have 2 spread sheets. They are exactly the same except one is in English and one is in Spanish. I would like to send the spread sheets to customers ...

nickyDiesep | Latest reply: nickyDiesep Feb 1, 2016
    0 replies
  • SumIf Closed

I have a column E with dollar values. I have a column L with "y" or "n"; I'm trying to figure out a formula that could sum only the values in column ...

GoGoGizmo | Latest reply: GoGoGizmo Feb 1, 2016
    0 replies
  • Extracting rows from excel Solved/Closed

Hi there, I have an excel sheet with a very large data. I want to extract different rows and write them in to different sheets of the same excel (or ...

Teke | Latest reply: vcoolio Feb 1, 2016
    3 replies
  • Increment cell value based on change in value of another cell Closed

Hello, Say I have a value of 100 in cell B3 and I need this value to increase/decrease based on the change in value of A2. How do I do that? For e...

Sarah | Latest reply: TrowaD Feb 1, 2016
    1 reply
  • Excel Query Closed

Hi I looking for a formula that will calculate an average order spend by day without having to do this manually(1, 2, 3 ). So for example it tak...

tim556 | Latest reply: 556tim Jan 31, 2016
    4 replies
  • Macro to Copy Closed

I am new to writing macros but need help in creating one to copy data from one cell to another with conditions. I have two spreadsheets merged from t...

dss85 | Latest reply: dss85 Jan 31, 2016
    0 replies
  • Copy and Paste Multiple Closed

Hi I'm looking for away to be able to copy a single cell from multiple sheets (tabs) for example cell a1 and list it's contents on a separate summ...

andyspud | Latest reply: vcoolio Jan 29, 2016
    1 reply
  • Auto Populate record from one sheet to another Closed

Hello, I'm working on a commissions spreadsheet for my company and would appreciate some assistance with a question I have. There is a separate ta...

newhgl1 | Latest reply: vcoolio Jan 29, 2016
    3 replies
  • Data Link Closed

Hello, I'm needing help please, I'm trying to figure out how to either: Link an Access database to an Excel Spreadsheet where it has a templ...

Andy | Latest reply: ac3mark Jan 29, 2016
    3 replies
  • Copy data ranges from multiple excel worksheets Closed

Hello, I have a series of worksheets all with identical formats but different data information. I want to take information in cell ranges e30..k...

Scott | Latest reply: Scott Jan 29, 2016
    0 replies
  • Search for text and copy Closed

Hello, I have two columns, A contains the list of a company and C contains emails. I would like to search the email column for emails containing ...

puzzled | Latest reply: puzzled Jan 29, 2016
    0 replies
  • conditionally format a cell so it turns a certain colour Closed

I was wondering how to conditionally format a cell so it turns a certain colour when it goes past a certain date. Thanks

Humannnn | Latest reply: BrianGreen Jan 29, 2016
    1 reply
  • Conditional formatting colour fill Closed

Hi all, I want to set up a cell in Excel with solid fill depending on % completion of other tasks. The data bar conditional format will do it, but ...

No2ndPrize | Latest reply: No2ndPrize Jan 29, 2016
    0 replies
  • If, and question Closed

Hello, I'm trying to work a formula that will change a given value in one based on dates going into several different cells. Example. If I pour a co...

Mike | Latest reply: RayH Jan 28, 2016
    3 replies
  • Column to vlookup Solved/Closed

I am trying to write a formula that will give me the value in a cell, it needs to come from two sources. I must be able to locate the column based on ...

benhalla | Latest reply: NickBR Jan 28, 2016
    1 reply
  • IF function with Time duration Closed

Hello, I dont understanding why this can't work : =IF((g2=timevalue("0:30"));"25) G2 has a time duration time unit in it which equals 0:30. ...

Killian | Latest reply: ac3mark Jan 28, 2016
    3 replies
  • Disable a cell in excel using VB code Solved/Closed

Hello, I am looking for a VB code to disable a cell based on the value of another cell in excel. Example:- Need to disable Cell B1/C1/D1 based o...

Jinto | Latest reply: TrowaD Jan 28, 2016
    13 replies
  • Create a button with some conditions Closed

Hello, please if anyone can help on this it will be gratefull. I need a button to create a new sheet, but when you press it, which ask you assign nam...

NickBR | Latest reply: NickBR Jan 28, 2016
    0 replies
  • Formula cross work book Closed

Hello, I am trying to write a formula to automate a stock spread sheet so when a product is sold it deducts from the stock holding, all stock items...

Kerrylab | Latest reply: Kerrylab Jan 28, 2016
    0 replies
  • convert date into word Closed

please send me code of conversion for date to text i.e. first jaunary nineteen seventy six instead of 01/01/1976

gadadepradeep | Latest reply: gadadepradeep Jan 28, 2016
    0 replies
  • conditioning formula to convert "x" into another cells value Closed

good morning, I have a spreadsheet I am trying to create for a chili cookoff, I am trying to find a way to type an "x"(or any text) in a box showin...

blondelakelover | Latest reply: ac3mark Jan 27, 2016
    1 reply
  • Data Transfer Closed

Hello, I'm trying to get a spreadsheet that I've set up as a template for Commercial invoices to have particular fields populate with other data suc...

Andy | Latest reply: Andy Jan 27, 2016
    0 replies
  • User Friendly Code for Admission No Solved/Closed

Hello, I would like to request to Code for Admission No Range is started from B11 to B510 If user enter a123456789 or a-123456789 it always conv...

smuneeb | Latest reply: smuneeb Jan 26, 2016
    6 replies
  • Excel 2013 Format Time cells not to include date Closed

Hello, I am trying to create a simple time sheet with cells formatted as h:mm AM/PM. I have formatted the cells through this option in the Custom ...

assenav | Latest reply: assenav Jan 26, 2016
    0 replies
  • Days of the week conditions Closed

Hello, I am trying to create a template for my work. I have a table sorted by dates but need to reference the day of the week that date falls on....

Katie | Latest reply: ac3mark Jan 26, 2016
    1 reply
  • If one cell G4 has value 12345 then cell F4 will have.... Solved/Closed

I need help with a basic excel formula. Please :) If cell G4 equals 12345 then cell F4 equals USXX but also if cell G4 equals 54321 then cell F4 w...

NeedExcelHel... | Latest reply: ac3mark Jan 26, 2016
    3 replies
  • data export Closed

Hello, I made a questionnaire generator for various kinds of products according to an advice from this forum. The original topic is here: https://...

pefler | Latest reply: pefler Jan 26, 2016
    0 replies
  • How do i Convert a value in a cell to english string? Closed

Hello, Would like to know is there anyway that I can convert the value in a cell to english string? eg "1,220.76" in a cell and convert it to a...

Derek | Latest reply: Derek Jan 25, 2016
    0 replies