The discussions

2 macros in one sheet targeting same cells

Solved

This is probably a really 'newbie' question but in all honesty, I'm new to macros and need some assistance. I have a macro written to automatically...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Nov 2014 by
chester4207

Lock flag ignored:how is this possible?

Hello, Cells C4 and D4 are empty cells, and both are locked in Format Cells->Protection-> Locked. I go to Tools-> Protection-> Protect Workshee...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

Help me on this formula to shorten

Hello, please help me out to shorten this formula.. =IF(B53="SP1",2,IF(B53="SP2",2,IF(B53="SP3",2,IF(B53="SP4",2,IF(B53="SP5",2,0)))))+IF(B54="...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Nov 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Copy rows from activesheet and create and paste in new sheet.

Hey guys I have a workbook with +-5000 rows of rooms in different buildings. I want use the column BUILDING_CODE and copy all the rooms that have ...

2 replies Last reply on 27 Nov 2014 by
heyxarno

Conditional formating to check text in another shell + numeric

Solved

I have some text in A column ( say xxx, yyy) and numeric value in Column B . Now i want to highlight the shell in column B with 4 condition . 1....

3 replies Last reply on 27 Nov 2014 by
vcoolio

How do i copy database information to excel?

How do i copy information from a database to an excel sheet?

2 replies Last reply on 26 Nov 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Help me to count 2 cells

Solved

helo, please help me to count 2 celles A1 Is either 0 or 2, A2 is either 0 or 2 IF A1+A2=0 A3 should be 6, IF A1+A2=2 A3 Should be 3 if A1+A2...

mathewmunna

Lock cells in excel

Solved

After setting up VB to lock cells in Excel I now need to lock additional cells. I currently have the following script (kindly given by rizvisa1) which...

MartynP

Needs some help with a formula

Solved

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 33.0 Okay, here is a problem I've been dealing with for over an hour now. This should be easy, but ...

5 replies Last reply on 25 Nov 2014 by
dgcasey

Excel help with macro

I have an excel workbook with 4 Sheets. Sheet 1 (summary) is a ledger. Sheet 2 = Bob Sheet 3 = Bill Sheet 4 = Bart Column D in the ledger ...

7 replies Last reply on 24 Nov 2014 by
ac3mark

Numbers & symbol ü (new challenge)

Solved

i need a formula to automatically check mark i.e(ü) mark a cell(eg:A1) if another cell (eg:H1)contains number:1 Condition is H1 may contain any numbe...

5 replies Last reply on 23 Nov 2014 by
mathew

Copy data on condition from one sheet to another

Hello, I have 15-16 sheets.. AND I ENTER data in sheet1 & sheet2 .. i want a code that can copy data from sheet1 / sheet2 to sheet3 or any other s...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

Message boxes

Hello everyone, Does anyone know if it is possible to format a basic message box (just font and colour)? Or is it a case of "what you see is what y...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Nov 2014 by
vcoolio

Printing the same worksheet changing a cell with data populated

How do you print the same worksheet repeatedly, changing a cell with data populated from a table?

rizvisa1

Copy data from one sheet to other sheet.

Hi guys! I have a problem coping data from one row within a specific range, example A2, B2, C2, D2, E2 and so on up to P2, and copy that data to diffr...

rizvisa1

Excel auto create sheet and populate

Hey Everyone, I'm looking to create the following; I have a list of employees who will be working on an event. The event is broken up into stages,...

rizvisa1

Copy data from mutiple workbooks and paste below each other

Hello, I need to copy data from multiple workbooks and paste in another workbook below each other. This is the first part. I need to copy data...

rizvisa1

Total up boldly formatted cells

Good evening much appreciated volunteers I am using an Excel 2007 spreadsheet to keep track of costs associated with a holiday. I have bolded al...

4 replies Last reply on 22 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

How to date tabs in sequential order using macro

Hello, Not too long ago I came across a helpful Marco that dated each Excel worksheet tab in sequential order with the Month and Date (i.e. Nov 1 ...

vcoolio

Help on making student report card

Hello, hello i was thinking about making student report card system in excel, no of student is around 40 in one class ...........please tell me ...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Nov 2014 by
venkat1926

Comparing worksheets in excel

Hello, I have 2 sets of data in Sheet1 and Sheet2 in excel. Both sheets have the same 7 columns and I want to compare the data in Sheet1 and Sheet...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Nov 2014 by
vcoolio

Automatically transfer data from one worksheet to another

Hello, I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets in it. The first worksheet is rows of data organized by Region, Client, Date, Product, Rep, etc...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Nov 2014 by
vcoolio

Namning sheets after namnes in a column.

Searched for hours trying to solve this problem.., I have a list of students in my workbook and want to automaticly change the following sheets in my ...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Nov 2014 by
venkat1926

Copy data from multi tabs of multiple files to one file with res

Need help in copying data from multiple files. Below is the situation. 1. I have total 70 identical file with different data in that. 2. All 70 ...

5 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2014 by
molletica

Excel loop lookup

I am trying to do a lookup on following sheet (4 columns Store, Part, K or R, New K or R): Store Part K or R New K or R 1 ABC R 2 ABC K 3 ABC ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Nov 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Compare columns and return a value from third column

Hello, I need to compare 2 columns and fill data from a third column. Here is the scenario. A B C D 1 1 X =X 2 3...

Mazzaropi

Lock cell in excel worksheet with vb

Solved

I have an worksheet that I need to lock the cell based on the value of another cell. I have managed to create VB which will do this for one row but n...

5 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2014 by
Martynp

Insert multi rows between existing data

Solved/Closed

Hello, I am trying to create a macro that will insert a set amount of blank rows into a existing spreadsheet after each entry. The amount of rows ...

20 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2014 by
SWAJI

How to change mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy format in excel

Hello, Configuration: Windows XP / Chrome 38.0.2125.111 how to change mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy format in excel

2 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

Copy and paste row 5- row 9 n number of times

Hello, I am trying to save size of my Workbook from blowing of, which has lots of vlookup's and other formulas. So, i am trying to copy row 5-...

venkat1926

Copy and insert rows and number of times

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a sheet with over 800 rows. I need to copy each row and insert/repeat each entry 4 times below the preceding row. Example: Bef...

22 replies Last reply on 18 Nov 2014 by
Duck

Pulling informations from excel spreadsheet

Hello - can anyone please help me? I have a spreadsheet that has the information from a Realtor office. It has all the information from each sale ...

6 replies Last reply on 18 Nov 2014 by
mahrens66

If function formula based on three possible values from adjacent

Solved

Good morning all, Excel 2007 - I need a formula based on the three possible values from an adjacent cell. 1st value: : if F5 is a date, a simpl...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Nov 2014 by
TanyaRT

Transferring from sheet 1 to multiple other sheets conditionally

Hello, I would like to create a workbook for an English school I am starting in Tanzania. Once registered, all students info will be entered into ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

Recording macros

Any one know how to record a macro From sheet to sheet? For example I want to copy and paste open task from sheet one to two and next week open t...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

Conditional formatting - highlight overdue dates

Solved

I am a beginner with conditional formatting and researching the net for an answer has left me more confused than when I began! I am working with Ex...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Nov 2014 by
TanyaRT

Addition formulae

Hello, I need to add formula between two cells, when updating one cell with any value then add this to my resultant cell automatically like if ...

Mazzaropi

Search and copy and paste

Hello, I have already created macro tool and I need to include another macro which is a value in cell D16 is the name. We have a list of 30 named ...

rizvisa1

Macro help (copy last row of item and paste into blank row)

Hello! I need help with creating a macro. Currently I have a macro which creates a blank row everytime an item code in column A changes. Instead of ju...

rizvisa1

Search, copy and paste the calue

Hello, I have a named in column A and telephone number in column B. I need only phone number. if i find the name I need to have only telephone nu...

rizvisa1

Calling cell for name on basis of changing number 0,1.

Dear. I have attendance sheet name "Attendance" of 70 people. having table of their names in 1st Col and Absent in 2nd Col. Absent col changes everyda...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

Clear contents then paste from subsheets macro

Hi everybody, I have 13 subsheets that need to have their data put onto a master sheet. The header in A1:M1 is the same in every sheet, the data b...

rizvisa1

Teacher in need!!!!

Hello! Let me start by saying I only know BASICS about excel. I mean, I am proud of myself for finding the average of a few cells! That being said, I ...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

Auto filter depending on cell value

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have data in a table, lets say the table is (A7:M200) and the Headings in this table is (A7:M7). Column 1 (A8:A200) is the accounts numbe...

10 replies Last reply on 15 Nov 2014 by
rizvisa1

How to find out the data in six month record

Solved

Hello, I have six month excel attendance sheet. which formula can i use to know in which month which of the employee has left and who has joined?...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Nov 2014 by
subodh

Help making macro finds last used line + push down and delete !

Hello guys, im always here to find answer for my excel problems but couldnt find answer for this. Every single day i have to do a job that is co...

venkat1926

Date format

Hi All, I want use date 201201, how can this will be set in Execl Format. please help me. Thanks

venkat1926

How to cycle through 2 different workbooks and adding row 2newwb

Hi all I am totally new to this forum posting. So please overlook any mistakes. First let me apologize as my first post was not per forum guidelin...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Nov 2014 by
croft12329

Insert rows based on cell value (simple vba, i assume...?)

Hello, sorry about my newbie question, I think it's very simple to solve, but have spent a few hours on google now and haven't found the right answ...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Nov 2014 by
mm

Sum data validation

Hello, Please someone help me to figure out this problem. example : A1 + B1 = C1 A2 + B2 = C2 . . . . A9 + B9 = C9 If A1 ~ A...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Nov 2014 by
kieferschild
Results 2851 - 2900 out of a total of 7,061