The discussions

Help required in ms excel

Solved

Hello, I have a list of text strings in rows separated by blank rows. For example: Row 1: Name of the publication Row 2: Authors Row 3: Organiz...

7 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2011 by
eskagsms

Stop duplication in excel worksheets

Hello, I have set up a workbook with multifple worksheets. Each worksheet will have different data. I created each worksheet from a copy of the ...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Apr 2011 by
willowyok

How to compare columns of 2 different excel

Solved

I want to compare column named employeeid in two different EXcel sheets and have to retrive the rows with same employeeid ex: sheet1 emp name ...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Vba module with checkboxes to use in excel

Dears, I will be very grateful if some one can help me in the following. I have excel file include 50 sheets for customers, in each sheet I have 2...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Apr 2011 by
RayH

Delete data in excel with macro

Hello, plz can u sent coding for following matter: i want to use macro in exl which is find the total word & del all data from right side plz pl...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel if then, create a new column

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to write a VBA code, because I have too many factors to create a nested function. I can do it fine if there were less than 7 variab...

7 replies Last reply on 14 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Conditionnal formatting using macro

Hello, I am trying to create a calendar in excel in which certain days shoulded be marked with a colour. In my excel file, one day is one column ...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Apr 2011 by
Niki

Vba to protect sheets & keep some options on

Solved

Dears, I will be very grateful if some one can help me. I have excel file include 50 sheets, so I made one sheet that include all the basis info fo...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Apr 2011 by
Issa

Indirect function on excel

Solved

Hello, I need to know how I can add the following to an exsiting cell reference in a whole column. ='Sheet1'!A2 to show =INDIRECT("'Sheet1'!...

10 replies Last reply on 13 Apr 2011 by
tipsindeed

Visual basic find number if can't find look in next sheet

Hello, I have a list of 240,000 numbers in excel on 4 sheets is it possible to write a macro to open up an input box put in the number and it search...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Deleting rows and columns in a spread sheet

Hello, I'm doing a project that requires 31 rows and 7 columns in a spread sheet i want to delete all the rows and have only 31 rows left but i ...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Apr 2011 by
venkat1926

Macro run time error

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.16 Hi, I have a peice of code that filters a column for zero values and returns the rowcount. I tried...

6 replies Last reply on 12 Apr 2011 by
LopezGG

If a range of cells = to a name

Hello, Hope someone can help me? I have a list of text in 1 sheet, lets say: A1 Image Gallary A2 Welcome Message This list are generated...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Apr 2011 by
venkat1926

Searching names in drop down list in excel 07

Solved

Hello, I have placed a drop down listbox in my excel 2007 work sheet and selected the range of names which are in the same sheet. In the list I hav...

5 replies Last reply on 11 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Comparing two excel files

Hi I need VBA code to compare two sheet's cell content in different workbook.Its very urgent pls help me. Thanks in advance. Configuration: Wind...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

100 mails data in on excel

Hello, I want to macro, where i can copy 100 Emails data in one excel. Thanks, Kolturra Configuration: Windows XP / Safari 534.13

1 reply Last reply on 8 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel macro, if > 0 add 1 to cell!?!?

Hi all I am fairly new to writing macros and am completely baffled by what you guys know. I have been reading for hours on various websites etc ...

RWomanizer

Advanced spreadsheet help needed

Hello, im tryin to setup a spreadsheet but the stuff i learnt was oh so long ago....... i need a cell to look at another cell and if the value is...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel data intervals

Hello, In worksheet 1, I have data in columns. I want to revise the formatting of this data in worksheet 2 so that a single record, the data from...

RWomanizer

Excel 2003

Hello, I know that you can use conditional formatting in excel 2003 to format a blank cell a certain color until text is entered into that same cell...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Apr 2011 by
venkat1926

Need to pull data from deferent sheets

Hello, I need to pull data from diferent sheets but I need to pull only if the names are the same. I need to pull from colum AI from diferent s...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Macro for delete a mail as soon as it read

Hello, I want to send a mail to some one, the attachment contains some personal data. so i wants that as soon as he read the mail the mail will b...

4 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel formula question

Hello, Im not good at terminology. Sorry in advance. I have a spreadsheet that has several formulas. for this instance, M2 =Q1-(O2) where the ...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Apr 2011 by
aquarelle

Match two rows with same values but not in order excel

Hello, I'm New bee if some one could help, I wanted to match coloumn B with the values of column C which has the same values as C but less in num...

4 replies Last reply on 5 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel formula problem

Solved

Hello, Please Help =IF(V12=1,2*(R12*50%)) I have a problem with this formula: What I need, is if v12 = 1, 2, 3, or 4 count R12 times 50%...

3 replies Last reply on 4 Apr 2011 by
Stormdronk

Excel - formula for taking avg with filters

Hi Experts, I am new with excel and want to do the follwing. 1. I have sheet of all students with their names, subjects and grades 2. I have a...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Apr 2011 by
RWomanizer

Microsoft excel macros - workbook names

Hello, I am having a slight issue with a Macro within excel. I have a template file, with a working macro which does X Y and Z, (Summary is tha...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2011 by
rizvisa1

Macro between workbooks

Closed

Hello, I tried to look for answers for some questions i couldn' find. My question is I have to run a Macro in such a way that. I have to sel...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2011 by
Ambucias

Excel: if a1 = a 4 the comy content of b1,2,3

Solved

Hello, Please help! If A1 = a 4 the comy content of b1,2,3,4,5 to c1,2,3,4,5 The 4 in a1 are generated by a formula. Thanks Confi...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Apr 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel - help!

Solved

Hello, I require a formula which will recognise months in a column and select taht value from a different cell on the same row. The data is the...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Apr 2011 by
TrowaD

Can you take the same row of data from different sheets and paste them in differ

Hello, I have 12 sheets. I want to take the data (same row on each sheet) and paste that data into a new sheet but each row from the sheet will be ...

6 replies Last reply on 1 Apr 2011 by
rizvisa1

Find and replace with excel macros

Hello, What I am trying to do is copy a cell from tab one (always the same cell) and then look for it in a column in another tab. Once I have fou...

3 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2011 by
rizvisa1

How to sort more than one condition in excel

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that determines quotes that need to be turned in there are several situations when the quotes have to be turned in suc...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Mar 2011 by
TrowaD

Time sheet

Hello, This is quite complicated to explain, therefore, I hope I don't confuse you. I am doing out timesheets. The criteria is as follows: Time p...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2011 by
Ambucias

Format using macro

Solved

Hi I have some data in sheet1. Eg: Column A Column B Column C Column D 1 2 3 4 ...

16 replies Last reply on 29 Mar 2011 by
harry

Filter rows in one sheet

Solved

Hello, I have large amounts of data in one work sheet(say it as Sheet1) and another worksheet(sheet2) has few records(100) which are also present ...

5 replies Last reply on 29 Mar 2011 by
RWomanizer

Converting rows data into columns on conditon

Solved

Hello, I have data which looks like below ColA-----------ColB-------ColC--------ColD------------ColE---------ColF-------ColG----ColH-------- AA-...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Mar 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel personnel tracking sheet

Hello, I am trying to make an excel sheet that counts consecutive days that a person is on the list...the list being days that certain person...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Mar 2011 by
RWomanizer

Delete cells/rows but keep row info intact

Solved

hello, I am trying to import data from an excel spread sheet to access. I want to clean up my excel report before I import the date. In my report...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2011 by
TrowaD

If/then excel question

Hello, I'm trying to get the If / Then function to do what I want and apparently I'm missing something. For example, If d2 is greater tha...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Mar 2011 by
rizvisa1

Dates in excel

Solved

Hello, I have a list of people's birthdays in a list in Excel. I want to retain only the day and month of the birthday and get rid of the year. For ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Mar 2011 by
RWomanizer

Excel comparing 2 columns removing duplicates

Solved

Hi, I would like to cmpare 2 columns in an Excel spreadsheet & remove duplicates from Column B if any matching fields are found e.g. A B 1 ...

3 replies Last reply on 23 Mar 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel macro to convert 'aaa-####' to 'aaa ###

Hello, I'm working on a project and need a macros that will look at all the cells in a column and covert the value in the cells from AAA-#### to A...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Mar 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel 2007 vlookup and match problem

Solved

Hello Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm having an issue with a Vlookup and match function. I have a set of data that is organised and sorted...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Mar 2011 by
Nikeyg

Help me with excel 2003

hello, i need some help with excel 2003. i have the date in d6. And an amount in e6. Now, I want the g6 cell to reflect the following values- a) ...

7 replies Last reply on 22 Mar 2011 by
RWomanizer

I have 3 columns of numbers, if my number is between columns 1 and 2

Hello, I have three columns with 198 numbers in each. I want to find a formula to find if a specific number is between column 1 and 2, returns value...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Mar 2011 by
RWomanizer

Pivot table + vba

Hello, I am very much new to VBA programming in Excel. This is the code. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim r As Range I...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Mar 2011 by
RWomanizer

To compare substrings of two columns

Hello, I was looking to compare corresponding cells of two columns for match in substrings of both the columns in Excel 2010.My data looks as Col...

5 replies Last reply on 20 Mar 2011 by
rizvisa1

Problem in excel

dear sir, i have a problem in excel In column A have 50000 data including 9 digits . and in Column B I have 25000 data with 9 digit number. most o...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Mar 2011 by
rizvisa1

Excel: matching/sorting

Hello, I'm dumb, lazy, and having trouble finding an efficient way to complete a price list for my store. Here's what I need to do. I have two fi...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Mar 2011 by
rizvisa1
Results 4851 - 4900 out of a total of 7,061