The discussions

Formula help

Solved

Hello, I think this is a simple question just not for me :) I have a simple business spreadsheet showing total project cost in Column (C.) C, T...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Apr 2013 by
Zohaib R

Macro for fill color alternative rows

Hello, I want a macro for fill color alternative rows in excel selected table (only visible rows), anyone can you please help me.

8 replies Last reply on 18 Apr 2013 by
nick316igr

Formula not working

Solved

Hello, Q16 to Q20 cells contains values from 0 to 10 (it came from LOOKUP Function). I need to get a result in D24 from the cells Q16 to Q20 as ,"...

13 replies Last reply on 18 Apr 2013 by
Zohaib R

Import from multiple workbook to single sheet

Solved

Hi, Thank for all your wonderfull help all these days, to cut short, I am looking for a VBAcode, which can import data from multiple Workbook file...

5 replies Last reply on 17 Apr 2013 by
samirelsabagh

Compare 2 sheets

Hi, I have two excel sheets that i need to compare. The problem is that the column headers of sheet 1 doesn't match with the column headers of shee...

6 replies Last reply on 17 Apr 2013 by
Zohaib R

Macro to delete a certain worksheet...

Hello, I was previously helped out with the following macro: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-689536-generate-excel-workbooks-based-on-excel-list ...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Apr 2013 by
rizvisa1

How to get the last digit of a value of a cell to other in vba ?

Hello, I am trying with vba excel that how to get the last digit of a value in one cell to other.suppose I am trying to the get last digit of 9928...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Apr 2013 by
Zohaib R

Comparing two columns of names in excel

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have one excel sheet. column A has a list of names formated as follows: Last name, First name Column B has a much longer list o nam...

8 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2013 by
JeffS79

Need help with excel formula

I am having trouble figuring out a formula when figuring angles. I will write what I need (very simply) so you understand what I am trying to do. ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Get excel 2010 to send auto e-mail

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that i track my vendors certificate of insuranse expiration dates on. i am wanting excel to send me an automatic e-mai...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

What is the shortcut key to drag down in excel to create series

What is the shortcut key to drag down in excel to create series of numbers from 1 to 10.

2 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Issue with v-lookup and possibly pasting data from the web?

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. Using windows 2010, I'm using data from 500 alphanumeric codes that I copied-and-pasted from the net into a pr...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Spreadsheet data

Solved

Hi everybody. I am trying to develop a large data input spreadsheet which will have circa 20 operators data input on a daily basis. (approx 150 ent...

9 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Finding values from 2 worksheets where item matches

Hi, I have just start my new role where I am stuck some where I have got 1 Order form where SUPLIER NAME|SUPPLIER CODE |SUPLIER ITEM CODE|REF N...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Attendance sheet

Solved

Hi, i want to make attendance sheet in Microsoft Excel 2007 with alphabetical words like P for Present, A for Absent, L for Late, H for Holiday wit...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Apr 2013 by
rizvisa1

Excel vba to open other screen

Solved/Closed

Hello, We are working on dual screens. I am writing a macro program in VBA. I need to open an existing excel file/workbook in a new excel application...

5 replies Last reply on 13 Apr 2013 by
holycow

How do i get excel file ( no formula) from another one ( with fo

Solved

Hello, I have a big excel file with lots of formula and link. now can I export these data only( no link or formula) to another excel file? Thank yo...

18 replies Last reply on 12 Apr 2013 by
Zohaib R

Exclude "0" values from string: =h2&";"&i2&"

Hello, I'm using the following string in excel. =H2&";"&I2&";"&J2&";"&K2&";"&L2&";"&M2&";"&N2&";"&O2&";"&P2&";"&Q2 It will concatenate serveral ...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Apr 2013 by
aquarelle

How to check two fields in excel and act by that?

Solved

Hello, Can anybody help? I would need very simple macro to check two cells. A1 will be name A2 A3 will be second namew A4 Does A2=A4 ...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Apr 2013 by
akaldojad

Using if for data validation

Would like to seek your assistance. I trying to make a condition using data validation. this is the scenario: for column C8 (this is the dropdown l...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Apr 2013 by
Zohaib R

Conditional formatting in excel 2003(more than 3)

Hello all, Excel 2003 novice here trying to teach myself. I am trying to make some fields turn a certain colour depending on the number of...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Apr 2013 by
plangey

Conditional formatting

Solved

I am trying to maintain three lines of accounting on one spreadsheet. Basically, I have an order amount (C3) . I want to take that total from one of...

3 replies Last reply on 8 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Count when a range of cells contains a certain word or phrase

Hello, I have a spreadsheet which I am trying to summarise information from. We receive enquiries from many different properties we manage, and I'...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Copy data from one wb to another

Hello. I'm hoping I can describe my problem/question in a way that makes sense... Here goes: At my work, we have a program that will create an exce...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2013 by
rizvisa1

Macro for inserting missing monthly rows

Hello, Can someone please help me with writing up a macro which inserts rows, which contain missing monthly dates within a data set? I basicall...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2013 by
rizvisa1

Copy data from one workbook to other----help

Write macro to copy data from Source File to assignment-2 file. Make sure you take care of following conditions * Book with same name should...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Apr 2013 by
rizvisa1

Pivot table

Hello Friends, I have 3 concerns related to Microsoft Excel which are as following. Pls help me for all these 3 individually.: 1. Suggest me...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2013 by
rizvisa1

Copy the exact content from one cell using a formula

Hi, I need to copy a cell into several other cells with the exact same data ie: D3 auto copy to D7, D11, D15, D19 and so on and on and on i...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Apr 2013 by
rizvisa1

Using a data validation and an if formula in the same cell

Solved

hi, I have a spreadsheet in excel 2010 where one of my columns uses a dropdown list using the 'data validation' function. The list details several ...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Apr 2013 by
bite_tony

Writing macros

Hello, I am trying to find code that will let me add roles into my data base on a name and then sub-total that information. Please help... Thanks

1 reply Last reply on 5 Apr 2013 by
sgmpatnaik

Filtering with spaces between rows

Hi All, Is there a way I can filter my column if there are spaces between rows? the spaces were put there for neat presentation purposes. :( thank...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Apr 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formating: duplicate value in range of cells

Hello: Using Excel 2010, I'm trying to set up conditional formatting to see if a particular value in column A2 is equal to a value listed anywhere ...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Apr 2013 by
sgmpatnaik

Lock only a few cells on a worksheet

Hello, I have an excel file having many formula and I want to lock all the cells having formula. Whatsoever cell address, it could be D1, E9, J10,...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Apr 2013 by
sgmpatnaik

How to get multiple rows of info into one row

Student schedules were sent to me on several lines (one line per class) so each student has from 5-7 rows of information. I want each student to have ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Apr 2013 by
Zohaib R

Different currencies

Solved

Hello, could you please advise what could be the best way to show in the same table different currencies. Lets say there would be a button which w...

8 replies Last reply on 30 Mar 2013 by
DG83

Vba lookup

Hello, I currently have a macro built that takes a value from a specific cell and looks against a lookup table in another work sheet. If the valu...

6 replies Last reply on 29 Mar 2013 by
froggy6703

Nested if formulas with times not caclulating correctly

I have several start/end times and need to also calculate the difference in minutes of those times on occasion. START A END A ...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Mar 2013 by
Kevin@Radstock

Formatting dates

Help! I need to do a vlook-up between two workbooks with the date being the common between the two. The problem is that the date is formatted in a ...

4 replies Last reply on 29 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R

Selecting columns in excel

Hello, I tried to select a range of cells in excel 2010, using Range("A:H").Select But this selects the whole worksheet. I have tried different w...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R

How to convert number to word

Hello, ow to fix it in excel always. I get it result only when apply it. but can not fixed. please how can I fixed (Permanently Save) in my computer...

4 replies Last reply on 26 Mar 2013 by
rizvisa1

"remove duplicates" macro gives error on protected worksheet

Hello, Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 19.0 I have a macro that sorts and removes duplicates from a fixed selection in a single column. ...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R

Macro: copy row to another header or sheet from a drop down

Hello, I am creating a spreadsheet which contains a drop down list of categories. I am looking for a solution so when a category is selected it wi...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Mar 2013 by
VTUK

How to compare data in multiple columns

Hello, I have the below data in four columns 14 25 36 214 14 785 114 2563 I have to find out if any two value from the c...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Mar 2013 by
TrowaD

If function with dates

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to compare cells with dates. For example: column A column B column C Mar-25 Apr-3 ? In column C I need a...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2013 by
ukie113

Pop up message stating empty cells

Solved/Closed

Hello, I am relatively new to VB and I am trying to help a friend build an application form for work. Basically what I am trying to do is, there ...

7 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2013 by
shalom1506

Getting and error msg "the file you are trying to open "xxx.xls"

Hi folks, getting and error msg "The file you are trying to open "xxxxx.xls" is in a differernt format than specified by the file extension. Verify...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Mar 2013 by
rizvisa1

Dates change when copying...

Solved

Hello, Thanks to this kind of forum, I've been able to deal with issues around the date systems 1900 vs 1904. It remains a problem though since ...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Mar 2013 by
NgangaKP

Need a macro which copy values from rows and paste into a table

Hello, Actually I have a payroll in Excel. Each employee's salary detail is in a row. eg S# Name Basic Allo1 ...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Mar 2013 by
rizvisa1

Copy row based on value of cell, and update row data back

Hello, I have 3 sheets, "WHOLESALE", WEB SALES" & "ORDERS". If "WHOLESALE" or "WEBSALES" have a value "SPECIAL" in Column "A", it must copy th...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Mar 2013 by
rizvisa1

I would like to compare 2 columns.

Solved

Hello, I would like to compare 2 columns A to F, if the value is the same I would like to populate the value of column C with the value from Colum...

13 replies Last reply on 22 Mar 2013 by
Zohaib R
Results 3851 - 3900 out of a total of 7,061