The discussions

If cell ="text" =other text

Hello, I'm looking for a formula that will help me do the following: If cell contains "Other (please specify)" that value of that cell needs to...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Feb 2015 by
cmarzahn

Data is not appear in drop dawn list in filter

Hello, i have some data rows almost 2000 there is black rows between every row. filter did not showing whole data in drop dawn so i can remove empty...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Feb 2015 by
vcoolio

Excel tutor

Hi forum I am new here and I need excel tutorial, can anyone help?

3 replies Last reply on 19 Feb 2015 by
Ambucias

The date that i enter the data

Hello, is that possible to know the date that i enter the data in a cell. for example i enter the data in cell B1 today and i want this date in C1 ...

3 replies Last reply on 19 Feb 2015 by
RayH

Generating new document

Hello, I have an internal budget and I would like to use macro to generate another workbook with specific information from that budget with formul...

cmarzahn

If formula to identify data outside a timeframe

Hello, I have a excel report that contains data including a date created and inception date. I would like to run a formula that will tell me if the ...

vcoolio

Shortcut/keys in excel

Hi! I'm Jen..I know how to use the Excel, however, I haven't use it for years now and my Job now is Secretary so I will be encountering Excel, Word, P...

2 replies Last reply on 18 Feb 2015 by
ArashMan

Date to words

Hello, sir please tell me in detail steps of converting date to words

1 reply Last reply on 18 Feb 2015 by
Computertech

How to replace * with / in all formulas in an excel sheet

Solved

hi Guys, does anyone of you know please how to replace the multiply sign with a divide sign in all of the formulas in an excel sheet? I could not f...

4 replies Last reply on 18 Feb 2015 by
DG83

Time calculation (timexnumber)

Solved

Hello, i want calculate the salary of workers like the following example. worker No.1 salary/hour 1$ working hours this week 3:45 (3 hou...

4 replies Last reply on 17 Feb 2015 by
ArashMan

Search similar entries

Hi, I need to know, how to search similar entries in list of numeric entries. eg: Suppose I have numeric entries of 6 digits each having number...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD

Count a value change in cells

Hi, I'm trying to count how many times did 1 cell from a row has been changed from 1 to 0 and then back to 1, how many times did this form of change h...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Feb 2015 by
MindTwister

Conditional formatting based of another cell

Hello, I am attempting to do conditional formatting in Excel 2013. I am trying to make Cell C 3 turn red if cell 1 is 25% less or greater than cell...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD

How to create a file in makro and copy a row from other makro

Hello, Please help me how to create a new excel file and copy data into this from other excel file. The new file filename will be a column.xls from ...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD

Transferring data from one spreadsheet to another

Suppose i have a file name tan.xls and another file names rule.xls! then i want to copy all data in tan.xls file in cell D2 - D22 to rule.xls file in ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Feb 2015 by
Computertech

Conditional formatting help please

I need some help that could possibly save me a huge amount of time. I'm new to conditional formatting and am working on a new method to help my staff...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Feb 2015 by
vcoolio

Trfing data from master wks to another wks

Hi all...I would to get help from here as I trying to input my project data into my Master list. When we select won or lost under the status for proje...

14 replies Last reply on 14 Feb 2015 by
vcoolio

Populating a work sheet from excel based

Hello, I need your guidance please: I've got a tall order :) I hope you can help me! I am trying to have a new worksheet created from a templa...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD

Insert images in cells

Hello, Would anybody know how to change this macro https://ccm.net/faq/14170-excel-a-macro-to-insert-pictures-in-a-worksheet so that images are in...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Feb 2015 by
ac3mark

Conditional formatting with range

Solved

Hello, I have a little bit of a problem, I want to mark a cell in a range that is equal to another cell in different range, I can't figure it out....

2 replies Last reply on 10 Feb 2015 by
MindTwister

If/or formula

Solved

Help please I need to look up a cell and if it =1 return 1, =2 return 0.6, =3 return 0.4, = 4 return 0.2, if >4 return 0.0 for example A B ...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Feb 2015 by
vcoolio

Copy data from main sheet to another sheet

Hello, I have a document that has a quote on the first sheet. What I want to do is if the code in column C meets a certain criteria, it will auto...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Feb 2015 by
venkat1926

Display value in a cell a7 which is refered to the value in a6

Hello, I want to display value in a cell A7 which is refered to the value in A6 which shows the average of A1:A5 and the value of A6 satisfies the...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD

Script

Hi Joe here, Sheet 1 Data A B 1001 HE 1002 SHE 1003 HIS 1004 HERS When I type t...

TrowaD

How to save a data excel to non data spreadsheets to excel

Hello, I have a question? How to save a data excel to non data spreadsheets to excel Configuration: iPad / Safari 8.0

RayH

Excel, changed format tue, 11 nov 2014 08:14:09" to dd/mm/yyyy

Hello, I'm looking to convert the following excel format of "Tue, 11 Nov 2014 08:14:09" to dd/mm/yyyy. Thanks in advance for your answers. j...

venkat1926

Identify same values in column a

Hello, I have an excel sheet with too many rows. But in Column A, I have many values which starts with XYZ. I have to identify them and need to use...

venkat1926

Inserting different photos into cells- macro

Hi, I am not a super savvy programmer, but looking for a Macro that might automate inserting a photo (so user selects image) and then re-sizing the ph...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Feb 2015 by
RayH

How we can convert number to word in excel

how we can convert number to word in excel?

1 reply Last reply on 7 Feb 2015 by
RayH

Need to create a macro

i have no clue on how to create a macro.i need to copy all items in sheet 1 rows to columns in sheet 2 every time its updated. sheet one will change ...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Feb 2015 by
vcoolio

Shape not showing text in excel

I moke a shape in excel I wrote text in shape but when I click on another cell the text disappears. Please Help!

1 reply Last reply on 6 Feb 2015 by
RayH

If function

Hello, I'm having a bit of a trouble working the If Function in excel. Here's my problem: My manager asked me to find the commission fees to cha...

vcoolio

Number that turns in to date.

Hello, hi I'm Nokuthula. I want to ask why when I try to put a number it turn and become a date. Why is that ? Configuration: Windows 7 / C...

vcoolio

How to repeat a row 4 times, while increasing sequence

Solved

Hello all, I need help on the best way to repeat this 4 times, and then increase the number at the end. I need this: Column A AAA_BBB_0002135 ...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Feb 2015 by
OldCoder

Using one cell to refer to many

Hello, I'm trying to do something I'm not sure is possible. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of receipts and group items by category. In one column ...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2015 by
Underwater

Creating a task reminder for all tasks for that day

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. I need to attempt to create a task reminder pop up that will list all tasks that need to be done today. An...

4 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2015 by
mhurd

Converting rows of data in notepad to columns

Solved

Hello, Needing help please. From a pdf data base supplied, I have copied the contents over onto notepad. The data within this notepad contains firs...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2015 by
Philgood_FR

Excel

Hello, How to copy data from one sheet in a row containing formulas to another sheet in a column but not in a row still have the same data with it...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD

Conditionally copy columns

Solved

Hello, I have a table with thousands of rows of text. Column B has errors in the data which I have fixed in column C (has many blank cells). I would l...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Feb 2015 by
GMHerbs

Find word on sheet1 move all adjacent column values to sheet2

Hello, I have a list of accounts and information on items inside the accounts along with the account owner. It goes like this, A= account number, B...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Feb 2015 by
feeders

Change a range dynamically - vba script.

Solved

Hi everyone. I am stuck on a small problem with writing a Macro in Excel and would appreciate some help. I have the following script: For...

5 replies Last reply on 4 Feb 2015 by
BrianGreen

If formula

This formula is killing me! I have a column of numbers E3:E12. These are dollar amounts of bills that have been paid. E13 contains the sum of t...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Feb 2015 by
pijaku

Date not showing up as a date???

Hello, I have entered & formatted a column as a date but shows up as a 5 digit number. I followed your instructions and it still showing up as a 5 ...

5 replies Last reply on 3 Feb 2015 by
BrianGreen

Conditional formating

I have several rows of data and a legend which needs to apply based on the mutiple values. The idea is that D1/D2 equals a % if that percentage is a...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Feb 2015 by
xpcman

Macros code

My excel depends on date column.... I have used macros to calculate all my required columns. So when I generate data for today or tomorrow I get on...

10 replies Last reply on 3 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD

Macro for transferring data from one excel to different excel

Hi I need macro for transferring data from one excel to different excel. Here I want to transfer data from "Book" = "temp", "Sheets" = "auditreport...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Feb 2015 by
venkat1926

Looking for help with a macro/vba for find/copy/paste

I have a lot of data in column A of a spread sheet. I would like to "search" for part of a string, and then copy the row of the cell with this data in...

7 replies Last reply on 2 Feb 2015 by
RayH

Enter current time in a cell by clicking it

Hello, I followed the instructions and it works great. My problem is how do you turn it off with out deleting the visual basic entry? AJ Co...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Feb 2015 by
RayH

If function date problem

Hello, i am trying to use excel to give me two values depepnding if its a monday or a wednesday i have a date box so every week a person will pu...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Feb 2015 by
RayH

Comparing two lists of names in excel and then sorting them

Hello, I am wanting to compare two columns of information containing names from two different excel sheets. Names that do not appear on both list...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Feb 2015 by
TrowaD
Results 2651 - 2700 out of a total of 7,061