The discussions

Issue with date formatting

Hello, For some reason, when I insert date formatting into Excel on my work computer, the numbers that appear in the spreadsheet are completely diffe...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Apr 2014 by
ac3mark

If then (text or no text)

Solved

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. I would like to create a formula that says this: if a certain cell contains ANY text, then write "6.2"...

4 replies Last reply on 4 Apr 2014 by
hikkup

Microsoft office 2007 excel files are not shown

Microsoft office 2007 excel files are not shown in microsoft office 2003 & 2010. what can i do to see my excel files again.

1 reply Last reply on 4 Apr 2014 by
dluv28u

Excel - insert data to many lines based on a set of id numbers

Does anyone know what type of macro could help with my problem. I have a spreadsheet. Column A has an ID (example Test and Apple). Each ID has a se...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Apr 2014 by
mvillamarin12

Add if excel 2013 formula to sum all those items with code

Hello, I am Dr Kunvar Harsh from India I wanted to know if there is any way I can put formula to sum all those items with code e.g E C, H C, K ...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2014 by
ac3mark

Change cell based on two other cells' values as coordenates

Hello, I am new at this website and in vba programming and I am looking for some assistance with my vba code. I'm trying to right a code that makes ...

dbsimoes92

Excel vba that will change color according to another cell's col

Hi I am trying to change a cell color according to the color of another cell, tried diffarent ways to do this but failing could someone help please...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2014 by
TrowaD

Connect two worksheets together

Solved

Hello, I am trying to connect two worksheets together. If text found in one cell in sheet1, make the same cell on sheet2 different color. Ther...

rookie

Conditional formatting: highlight cells based on two values

Solved

Hello, I have a merged cell (C5-N5) that I want to change the fill color, based on the combined input of two cell values. I'll just call it "C5" f...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Apr 2014 by
Plastic_Cup_of_Stars

True/false statment using four values

Hi everyone! I'm working on a spreadsheet that will drastically reduce the time our staff have to do paperwork, and I'm oh so close but I can't get...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Apr 2014 by
ac3mark

Auto populate sheets based on main spreadsheet

Hello, I am having some trouble creating a building floor directory. I would like to have one main spreadsheet with everyone's name, title, departme...

8 replies Last reply on 2 Apr 2014 by
amy2876

Vba macro conditional formatting

I need to find out how to write a macro that includes Conditional Formatting. =if(and(Column A has the word "Dial")and(Column F has the word "Booke...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Apr 2014 by
slohman

False value, other than the weekly total

=IF(C1716="","",IF(COUNTIF(C$2:C1716,C1716)=1,COUNTIFS($H$2:$H$11999,1,$C$2:$C$11999,$C1716)=1,"")) I enter the above formula to calculate the tota...

2 replies Last reply on 1 Apr 2014 by
jutulu

False statement

Hi, The below gives me a FALSE statement. I took off the second "" at the end but makes no difference: =IF(OR(AQ2246=0,AY2246=0),"",IF(COUNTIF(AJ$...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Apr 2014 by
ac3mark

Date format

Hello when i work in excel format 2007 like dd/mm/yyyy when i import the data some date are convert wrongly like 5/3/2014 (March 5th 2014) May ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Apr 2014 by
iamdinesh

Selecting cell based on a criteria and copy selected row

Hello, I am working on VBA for the following Selecting cell based on criteria and the copying the selected row to another sheet. Then deletin...

6 replies Last reply on 1 Apr 2014 by
Debs269

Fonts in excel

I want to reply to the comments in cells in a color which have alrady been typed in another color. Ex: if i get a comment in red color , i want my rep...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Mar 2014 by
TrowaD

Lining up group of cell values in excel 2007

Solved

Hi I have two group of cells D6 to D8 and other G12 to G15 Need a code with two conditions that can line up the details of the mentioned cells in ...

7 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2014 by
TrowaD

Excel conditional formatting row color

Hello, I want to change automatically the color of a whole row (from A to H) depending on the entry in column H which contain any "text" (suppose ...

3 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2014 by
TrowaD

Excel vba/formula

I have a simple project in which a range of cells are needed to be in filled with color, based on the value on another cell. example if Cell A5 ha...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Mar 2014 by
venkat1926

Excel

Solved

Hello i want to know how to convert date into words(english & HINDI) in excel 2003 or 2007 for eg. 22.04.2010 - convert it into Twenty Two April...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2014 by
JasminBarby

If a cell cointains a specific name, then the value...

Hi! I'm really new (dumb) when it comes to using excel and I've been trying to make my expenses spreadsheets more functional. Here's the layout? ...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Mar 2014 by
ac3mark

To convert number into words

Dear Sir Please give me instruction regarding number convert into words in excel. Thanks M. Quyum

1 reply Last reply on 29 Mar 2014 by
Ambucias

Moving completed tasks from one worksheet to another

Hello, im creating an action register using excel and am trying to set it up to automatically move completed task from one worksheet to another w...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Mar 2014 by
ac3mark

Date

hi how find the no of days between two different month in excel example no of days between 12-Jan-13 and 29-APR-14 EG:12-Jan-13 ; 29-APR-14

ac3mark

How to arrange the data in the required format

HI i have data in excel in the unorganized manner with blanks im pasting the some of the data 1 GTR4562625 ...

venkat1926

Automatically fill rows in excel

Hello, I have an excel file with the following values: Ico SONY SONY The next time I would write for e.x. "Ico" I want the excel file to...

2 replies Last reply on 27 Mar 2014 by
azvos

Excel 2010 macros taking more than 4 hours for execution

Hello, i'm validating two excel files, for this i had write macros in 2007 and it's execute in 15min, where as the same code is taking more than 4 ...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Mar 2014 by
xpcman

If date multiple conditions

Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help with rewriting this code: =IF(A1DATE(2017,12,31),"2", IF(A1>DATE(2020,12,31), "1"))) I'm trying to categorize those date ...

2 replies Last reply on 27 Mar 2014 by
beejive

How to clear contents

Hello, I would like to know how to clear cells from a banking sheet with 7 tills, range from B5/B16 D5/D16 and 10 other columns. I'm hoping if I c...

6 replies Last reply on 26 Mar 2014 by
ac3mark

Vba programming

I want to copy the excel sheet with in the same worksheet, using the VBA Programing i.e. on the click of the button. The new sheet is in the sorted fo...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Mar 2014 by
Gowrisankar.T

Date formula question

Hello, How do make the month date year such as 1/1/2014 to hard code month-year Jan-14 for use in pivot table? Thanks Configuration: Windows 7...

4 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2014 by
steve

Word macro to create excel formatted cell

I have Word Macro that I run to create an excel spreadsheet with my bookmarks and their text. Two of my bookmarks contain dates, and one contains a n...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Mar 2014 by
ac3mark

Enter key jumps to top of document

Hello, I am working on Mac 2011 in Excel. I have been working in a document for several days and yesterday, every time I press Enter, the cursor ju...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Mar 2014 by
TrowaD

Excel - sort by column specifics, copy rows to new worksheet

Hello, I follow directions very well, but I just don't know enough about Excel to create what I am wanting. I've created a workbook of our off...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Mar 2014 by
beccalouwho

Comparing 2 columns extracting different cells

Hello, I have 2 columns of data in Column A and Column B, I want to compare these columns and the numbers in column B that are not in Column A ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Mar 2014 by
DeeNGee

Change date locale

I Want to change date format dd-mm-yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy in MS Excel 2003 Please solve my problem urgently

4 replies Last reply on 22 Mar 2014 by
praveer

Comparing 2 excel reports

Hello, I need to match a payroll report to a vendor bill. The payroll report includes name, deduction amount their relevant information and t...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Mar 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Conditional formatting: color of a cell by date and value

Hello, I am attempting to have a cell change colors based on the amount of time passed since a bill was sent, only if the bill is unpaid. In colum...

2 replies Last reply on 21 Mar 2014 by
Lauren

Fill data according to other sheet's data

Solved

I have a sheet1 like this: r1 text1 text 1 r2 text1 textx 2 r2 text1 textx 0 r3 text2 texty 1 r4 text2 textz 1 r5 text2 textx 3 r6 text2 text...

6 replies Last reply on 20 Mar 2014 by
Migas.pt

,">"&0),"") at the end of a countif formula

Hello, I have the below formula, but don't understand why the last part of it ,">"&0),""). Can somebody clarify pls? =IF(COUNTIF($AJ$2:$AJ9,$AJ...

4 replies Last reply on 19 Mar 2014 by
toony

Conditional formatting in excel 2010

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to tell Excel use conditional formatting on a cell when/if another cell has conditional formatting to it. Basical...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Mar 2014 by
galaxynut

About dated if function

Hey again, i had to use this formula to find the deference between two dates =DATEDIF(E4,F4,"d")+(1) it shows me (1) in all the empty cells...

7 replies Last reply on 19 Mar 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Compare values in multiple columns in excel

Hello, i have multiple columns with numerical values and I need to determine which one is the smallest value by row is there a function that can he...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Mar 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Excel macro to list current costs by code and extract previous

Hello, I am looking for a macro, that will list one set of values by a code and then move a precious list of codes with values and subtract one from t...

7 replies Last reply on 17 Mar 2014 by
TrowaD

Macro gives me expected en sub error

Hello, I have the below macro, but it gives me compile error expected end sub. This macro below I have copied and paste hoping it would work becau...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Mar 2014 by
venkat1926

Type name into a cell removing name from another unique list

Is there a way to manually type a name into a cell on one worksheet, that removes that name/entry from another large list, with unique names, whether ...

12 replies Last reply on 16 Mar 2014 by
venkat1926

Merge the selected sheets data into one data

I am having 5 sheets (Name as Ricky, Rambo, Input, Output, Time) data combined into combined sheet , for this i need to run through macro Please hel...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Mar 2014 by
ac3mark

Comparing values in multiple columns

Hi All, Would appreciate if you people can help me, as am not that excel expert :( My argument is like this- Column: 1. 2. 3...

9 replies Last reply on 15 Mar 2014 by
Mazzaropi

Use of max and min functions.

hello there ,, I have two column names & numbers in different cells i need the highest number to display with the name next to it same with the...

8 replies Last reply on 15 Mar 2014 by
taghreed almuhajiri
Results 3251 - 3300 out of a total of 7,062