The discussions

All lights on, but laptop doesn't start-up

Solved

Hello, I've had my laptop for about 4 years....and it was still working fine a few days ago. Just now though I tried to tuen it on and all it gav...

3 replies Last reply on 25 Jul 2011 by
bionik

Toshiba laptop..help! huge prob! help!

Solved

Hello, Hello, Okay so my laptop got a virus and the CDrive zonked out and for 2 weeks I kept getting in the back door through the task manager to ...

10 replies Last reply on 6 Jun 2011 by
Lauren S.

Hp laptop won't turn on!

Solved

Hello, My HP laptop won't turn on I had it on for a long time yesterday but when I went to get on it. TodAy it did not turn on I put the battery out...

1 reply Last reply on 27 May 2011 by
bionik

Gateway laptop power

Solved

Hello, I just bought a Gateway laptop NV791BU online. I put the battery in, plugged the laptop in and the blue light is on the front, however, I ...

1 reply Last reply on 22 May 2011 by
xpcman

Hpdv9000 laptop won't start up please help

Solved

Hello, can anyone please help me my laptop will start up the windows screen runs then the computer goes straight to a black screen with what looks l...

4 replies Last reply on 1 May 2011 by
bionik

Laptop shutdown, no start

Solved

Hello, My Toshiba laptop suddenly shut down and won't start again. I've removed the power supply and the battery, held the power button down, re-...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Apr 2011 by
bionik

Please help lost sound laptop!

Solved

hello guys I have a Toshiba l510 satellite (not the pro version) running windows 7 home premium sp1 32-bit so a few days ago i was surfing the net whe...

3 replies Last reply on 25 Apr 2011 by
zoominguy

Gateway fx laptop wont boot....

Solved

So i've had my fx laptop for about 2 years with no problems...I shut it off yesterday and went to turn it on today and it just sits at the initail scr...

5 replies Last reply on 18 Apr 2011 by
bionik

No sound from tv when hdmi via laptop

Solved

Hello, i have my laptop connected to my hdmi tv and the sound is coming through the laptop but not the tv. i tried setting hdmi as the default but it...

4 replies Last reply on 9 Apr 2011 by
qwertyanswers

Laptop to laptop monitor

Solved

Hello, The screen on my laptop is cracked, and I want to know if I can connect it to the screen of another laptop? The laptop I want to connect ...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Apr 2011 by
xpcman

Difference between notebook and laptop

Solved

Hello, i have a doubt sir what is the difference between notebook and laptop please reply sir Awaiting for your reply

2 replies Last reply on 4 Apr 2011 by
pcsces

My laptop wont turn on

Solved

Hello, the fan runs and it shows there is power . Please help Configuration: Windows Vista / Firefox 3.6.15

3 replies Last reply on 2 Apr 2011 by
Ambucias

My laptop speakers work but my headphones dont

Solved

Hello guys, I have a HP pavillion DV9700 and it still works for some reason :P but recently one of my audio outputs is not working. I believe the ...

2 replies Last reply on 31 Mar 2011 by
Marco

Acer laptop can't get question mark to work

Solved

Hello, I have tried the ''alt, shift, both shift keys, alt car key, cap locks'' I can't find how to get the question mark I get É,é,' Configura...

3 replies Last reply on 28 Mar 2011 by
jp

Sound not coming from laptop

Solved

Hello, I used an HMDI cable to connect my laptop my TV. .and it worked fine.. my problem comes after.. now that i have disconnected my laptop from...

3 replies Last reply on 14 Mar 2011 by
mutedlappie

I forgot my password how to set a new password for a laptop

Solved

Hello, forgot my password i have an hp pavilion laptop with windows vista no cd no nothing how can is set a new password thx indows XP / Internet...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Mar 2011 by
Ambucias

My laptop stops after a while on?

Solved

Hello, i've a problem with my laptop. It works well for an hour and then it will stop without saying any message. What do you think it could be? T...

7 replies Last reply on 7 Feb 2011 by
Takemetonirvana

Only background on laptop

Solved

Hello, Im rosette Why is that y laptop its asus when i turn it on the screen appears the background only and even i press the start it doesnt mak...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Feb 2011 by
Goodtimes44

Laptop now working

Solved

Hello, Thanks very much for the words of wisdom from the people in this forum and your wordsof advice worked. The stry was I have a compaq lapt...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Dec 2011 by
brianwhitt77

Check signal cable connectin laptop to tv

Solved

Hello, My laptop is a HP, running windows 7. I cannot get a signal on my samsung TV. I tried most options I found on other forums, e.g. fn +...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Dec 2011 by
Arjan

Thoshiba l300-17v laptop

Solved

Hello, I have a thoshiba L300-17v (modal no. PSLBOE-06M01HAR) laptop windos XP. But I lost my restore factory setting folder when I format my syst...

2 replies Last reply on 27 Dec 2011 by
saji

Using laptop as desktop

Solved

I have an Acer Aspire 5553 which I want to use partly at home as a desktop, with seperate keyboard, screen and mouse. With my old Compaq I could shu...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Dec 2010 by
imateski

Hp laptop problems

Solved

Hello, i have hp pavilion dv4-1225dx , when i start my laptop the screen goes blank, initially fan starts but later on it nearly stops and caps lock...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Nov 2010 by
jack4rall

Wireless laptop and pc

Solved

Hello, I have my wireless laptop connection working well but want my PC to be able to connnect to internet as well. I am not sure which cords to put...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Nov 2010 by
xpcman

Hdmi no sound in tv when i connect my laptop

Solved

Hello, hello how are you, I have a question that unfortunately nobody has been able to help me, I have a laptop acer aspire 5536 with windows 7 and ...

2 replies Last reply on 21 Nov 2010 by
JUL14N

My laptop won't turn on

Solved

Hello, i have a HP laptop that i bought about a year ago and it's working fine since then, but today i turned my laptop on and it was working fine, no...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2010 by
Ambucias

How can i connect nokia 3110c to my laptop

Solved

Hello, How can I connect my Nokia 3110 classic to my laptop using bluetooth or infrared . Please, give me step by step guide, assuming that I have ...

9 replies Last reply on 18 Nov 2010 by
Papu

Scary laptop beeping... eek!

Solved

Hello, My quite old Windows XP laptop that used to run 98 has started beeping after the DELL screen comes up. It really scared me the first time and...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Nov 2010 by
jack4rall

Laptop solutions

Solved

Hello sir i am prasad.i am from vijayawada. i have a small dought i.e i am lesaning music in my system. at that time i have a work th...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Oct 2010 by
sadgurl

Cant remeber my password compaq laptop

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a Compaq Laptop with Windows Vista. I had a password, but I recently changed it, and I moved my laptop into the study and never logged ...

2 replies Last reply on 4 Oct 2010 by
Ambucias

Reformat laptop toshiba satellite p25-s477

Solved

Hello, I have the Satellite P25-S477 laptop and I am trying to reformat to its factory condition. I was given this computer from my grandma and I ...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Oct 2010 by
closeup22

Touchpad on acer laptop not working

Solved

Hello, I have an Acer laptop with a synaptics V7.2 touchpad. My left click button has stopped working, it works if you press really hard so there ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Oct 2010 by
closeup22

Laptop keypad problem

Solved

Hello, hi everytime im typing the letter dd 2 dds are coming up if u press anyother letter 1 letter comes up and then avter a vew seconds it starts ...

4 replies Last reply on 25 Sep 2010 by
Ambucias

Video disappear from laptop to tv in between.

Solved

Hello, Dear sir, When I watch a movie online through hdmi cable, I am able to see only for 10 minutes. After that video disappear on tv screen...

3 replies Last reply on 23 Sep 2010 by
rathika

Acer aspire 5732z laptop

Solved

Hello, hai to all,im using acer aspire 5732z laptop.i didnt get driver cd to my laptop.i like to use win xp in my laptop.and i want to partition...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
closeup22

Laptop shutdown problem

Solved

"I am using sony vaio VGNCR343N laptop from 2009 may onwards.. Now i have problem that it turn off randomnly without any reason. if turn off problem s...

4 replies Last reply on 20 Sep 2010 by
Ambucias

Hp laptop

Solved

Hello, today morning i wake up and i cannot log in my laptop the keys seemd not to be working at at all im using my mom pc to chat with my frien...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Sep 2010 by
netsa77

Compaq laptop beep sound

Solved

Hello Sir, I have compaq laptop and operting system I used Windows XP nowdays before starting my laptop it's give beep sound how to remove and what...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Sep 2010 by
Gervarod

I can't format my laptop

Solved

Hello, I have Windows vista home basic, I wanted to format my laptop but after the press any key to boot from cd,it load some windows files and ...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Sep 2010 by
suff954

Acer 5315 laptop won't boot to windows

Solved

Hello, I have a Acer Laptop 5315, when I turn on it takes forever (over 15mins) to boot to log in page. then after log in it takes like 1/2 hour t...

6 replies Last reply on 11 Sep 2010 by
lost

Laptop forgotten password

Solved

Hello, I have a toshiba satellite lap top. i gave it to my 9 yr old since i replaced it with a new one. he reset the password and forgot what he ...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Sep 2010 by
Ambucias

Can't unlock my laptop

Solved

Hello, i put a password on my laptop so my kids cant get in. it work so good i forgot my password and can not get in it Configuration: Window...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop turn off

Solved

Hello, my hp laptop turns off automatically without any cause and it on only when i remove my laptop battery and put it again.any body can help ...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Aug 2010 by
mancy

No sound coming from laptop

Solved

Hello, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and somehow the sound just stopped working. Both the inbuilt speakers and my headphones have no sound at all...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Aug 2010 by
netsa77

Sony's dvd-r not recognized by my laptop

Solved

Hello, My lenovo IBM laptop does not recognize Sony 4.7 GB DVD-R. Though the DVD mentions on its casing that it is 1x-16x compatible, however also...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Aug 2010 by
porkpiepete

Yellow flashing light on my dell 1200 laptop

Solved

Hello, My Dell Inspiron 1200 laptop has a solid green light on the bottom left front, which indicates the power is on and right beside it is a yell...

6 replies Last reply on 16 Aug 2010 by
antonio

Sound problems wet spill on laptop

Solved

Hello, a few days ago I was drinking while watching a Movie and accidentally, I spilled some on my laptop. After wiping I noticed that some liquid wen...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop monitor busted

Solved

Hello, I can start my laptop in safe mode with external monitor plugged in, but how do I back up my laptop? I purchased external hard drive, but it ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Aug 2010 by
xpcman

Toshiba laptop operating system not found

Solved

Hello, My son erased the hard drive to clean it out and now I HAVE A MESSAGE: OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND. can you help please, thank you Lucy ...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Aug 2010 by
Ambucias

Laptop volume buttons not working

Solved

Hello, I just bought an Asus N61JQ-X1 laptop and immediately proceeded to remove the bloatware using PCdecrapifier. Everything works great except fo...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Aug 2010 by
TNoles
Results 551 - 600 out of a total of 632