If you've recently upgraded your GPU, you might be experiencing Elden Ring's shader compilation stutter. Eventually, it is supposed to go away as you play. However, if it doesn't, this quick fix can solve the problem.
How to fix Elden Ring stuttering?
Stuttering has been one of the main issues with Elden Ring. Here's how to fix the issue and make the game enjoyable again.
If you have the Nvidia GPU:
- Go to the Nvidia Control Panel and click Manage 3D Settings.
- Set Shader Cache Size to Unlimited under Global Settings.
- Click Apply.
- Click Program Settings and select Add.
- Add the game from recently used programs or via the Browse tab.
- Set Power Management Mode to Prefer Maximum Performance.
- Next, set Max Frame Rate to 59 fps and click Apply.
This should fix the issue.
If you have the AMD GPU:
- Go to Radeon Software and click Settings > Graphics.
- Select Advanced and set Frame Rate Target Control to 59 fps.
- Scroll down and choose Reset Shader Cache.
- Finally, click Apply.