A little-known secret, but it is actually possible to download YouTube videos on your PC or smartphone even without installing an extra application or program! In this article, we have put together the best online services and programs to download your favourite videos!
Note: Remember to inform yourself of copyright laws in your country to avoid any illegal downloading.
How to download videos online?
On a PC
- Open YouTube and find the video you want to download.
- Right-click on the video URL (the link that appears in the search bar) and copy it.
On a Mobile
- Launch the YouTube app and find the video you want to download.
- Click on the share icon (the arrow) located at the top of the video.
- In the menu that opens, click Copy Link.
You should now be ready to use one of the following options to download your chosen video.
Go to the AmoyShare, enter your URL in the box provided, and click on the magnifying glass to launch the process.
Click on Download to download your video and then select your audio and video quality. You can either download in a lower quality straight away or download their app and download your video in HD.
How to download videos using software on your PC?
Below we've listed some options to download YouTube videos also using software downloaded onto your PC. This can be useful if you have a lot of videos to download or if you also don't have a great internet connection, want to bypass your internet browser, and would prefer to watch the videos at a later time.
With iTube Studio
- Download iTube Studio.
This program includes a browser that allows you to explore several video hosting platforms and bookmark your favorite finds. So select your platform (in this case YouTube), and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with your download. As with other programs, you can also select the format in which you want to save your download.
- Download YouTube Downloader HD.
- This is one of the best software for downloading videos for free from YouTube. There is no need for scripts or browser plug-ins, users only need to copy and paste the video URL directly from their web browser into the app and wait for a download link.
With YTD YouTube Downloader
- Download YouTube Downloader (YTD).
- This software is very easy to use: all you have to do is to copy the video URL and then paste it into the software. YTD has a free and a paid version, which makes it suitable for everyone.
How to download videos on your iPhone?
With Files - File Manager and Browser
First, install Files - File Manager & Browser (formerly Downloads Lite) to your iPhone.
Open the application and via its interface go to YouTube. Now select a video of your choice and then click the video link. In the menu that appears, click the Download button.
How to download videos on your Android?
With YouTube Go
This app was originally designed for less powerful Android phones however users looking to download videos from YouTube can still use it to their advantage. You can uniquely download videos from YouTube but you can watch them anywhere (even without an internet connection) without buffering.
Download and install YouTube Go on your Android phone.
Use the app to select the video you would like to download and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with your download.
Where are the videos stored?
If you have downloaded the videos to your PC, they will be stored in the Downloads folder on your hard drive unless you selected another folder during the download process. If you have downloaded using your phone, you'll be able to access them in your photo and video galleries.
N.B. In some countries, like the United States, downloading content for which you do not have permission or that you do not own is illegal and punishable by fines, prison, or both. CCM takes no responsibility for any consequences that may result from the illegal downloading of content from the Internet.
- Download youtube videos
- Unable to download videos using Real Player [solved] > Forum - Downloading
- Unable to Download Videos With Real Player
- How to Download Music From YouTube and Transfer to a USB
- How To Get the Transcript of a YouTube Video
- How to disable YouTube comments: on mobile, on PC
- How to view your YouTube channel as a visitor
- How to delete or hide a video on YouTube
- Create a playlist out of your liked videos on YouTube
- What is YouTube Movies and Shows?
- Hide your YouTube channel: permanently or set as private
- Manage your YouTube email notification settings
- How to hide the subscriber count on YouTube
- How to hide YouTube subscriptions and playslists
- Turn off YouTube embedding: for videos and for playlists
- How to change your YouTube video's category
- How to change your YouTube location: on PC, on phone
- How to change the size of YouTube subtitles
- How to search within a specific YouTube channel
- How to feature a YouTube video on your channel
- How to add branding to your YouTube channel
- How to get the transcript of a YouTube video
- How to get a YouTube video link: on Android, on PC
- How to add channel keywords on YouTube
- How to enable YouTube Live streaming
- How to add YouTube featured channels (2021)
- How to create a YouTube account and upload a video
- The best YouTube tech channels
- The best YouTube gaming channels and reviewers
- How to make a video tutorial
- What is YouTube shorts?
- How to enable Picture-in-Picture mode on YouTube on iOS 14
- How to extract subtitles from YouTube videos
- How to use the YouTube mashup tool