Create short videos, edit them on the go, and post on YouTube thanks to YouTube Shorts. In this article, we dig into the concept and explain to you how to make a YouTube Short.
What are YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts’ concept is similar to Instagram Reels’ idea or the TikTok app: you can also make and publish short videos from your phone in a matter of seconds. With YouTube Shorts, you can create short videos with up to 60 seconds duration and with a multi-segment camera to string various clips together.
You can add music to your video, adjust your video’s speed, and even use a timer and countdown to make a hands-free video.
Note: Shorts is in beta. Don’t forget to update your YouTube app and you’ll see the option Create a Short.
How to create a YouTube Short?
1. To create a Short on YouTube, sign in to your YouTube account from your mobile device and tap on Create and then Create a Short.
2. To make your Short longer than 15 seconds (up to 60 seconds), tap on 15. Although, recording longer videos (more than 15 seconds) doesn’t let you add music to them yet. If you want to record a 15-seconds video with some music, tap Add Sound, choose the soundtrack and start recording. Otherwise, you can add the audio after you have recorded the video by tapping on the Sound button at the bottom of the edit screen.
3. Tap on Speed to slow down or speed up your video. You can also tap on Timer to set the countdown.
4. To record a video clip, tap and hold the REC button. You can tap on Undo to remove the previous video or Redo to move it back.
5. Tap Done to preview your video and Next to add the title.
6. You can tap on Upload to finish and upload your video to YouTube.
You can then find your Short and other users’ Shorts in the Shorts section of the YouTube app.
- How to make a YouTube Short?
- What is YouTube shorts? > Guide
- Youtube channel search not working > Forum - YouTube
- Youtube download
- Xvideoservicethief youtube video in punjabi song mp3 download mac os > Forum - Google Chrome
- How to get YouTube Premium for free
- YouTube Studio: what is it and how it works?
- How to upload a picture with music to YouTube
- Download YouTube videos: on PC, Mac, and smartphone
- How to disable YouTube comments: on mobile, on PC
- How to view your YouTube channel as a visitor
- How to delete or hide a video on YouTube
- Create a playlist out of your liked videos on YouTube
- What is YouTube Movies and Shows?
- Hide your YouTube channel: permanently or set as private
- Manage your YouTube email notification settings
- How to hide the subscriber count on YouTube
- How to hide YouTube subscriptions and playslists
- Turn off YouTube embedding: for videos and for playlists
- How to change your YouTube video's category
- How to change your YouTube location: on PC, on phone
- How to change the size of YouTube subtitles
- How to search within a specific YouTube channel
- How to feature a YouTube video on your channel
- How to add branding to your YouTube channel
- How to get the transcript of a YouTube video
- How to get a YouTube video link: on Android, on PC
- How to add channel keywords on YouTube
- How to enable YouTube Live streaming
- How to add YouTube featured channels (2021)
- How to create a YouTube account and upload a video
- The best YouTube tech channels
- The best YouTube gaming channels and reviewers
- How to make a video tutorial
- How to enable Picture-in-Picture mode on YouTube on iOS 14
- How to extract subtitles from YouTube videos
- How to use the YouTube mashup tool