YouTube is not only about sharing your personal videos, it's also about promoting the work of other people. This guide will teach you how to add Featured Channels to your YouTube channel homepage.
What is a featured channel on YouTube?
Featured channels on YouTube are channels that you'd like to promote on your channel. You can add them and your subscribers and other users will see these channels on your YouTube page. It is not an obligation to promote a YouTube channel, and it is more of a polite gesture of support for other YouTube creators. It also helps to build a strong creators' community and show your subscribers your alternative channels. You can add featured YouTube channels via its desktop version. However, you can't do so via the YouTube mobile app.
How to add featured channels on YouTube?
- The first step is to log in to YouTube Studio. Next, go to the sidebar on the left and scroll down to Customization.
- After that, click on + ADD SECTION.
- A rather small window will unroll. Scroll down and select Featured channels.
- Once this is done, you will be able to choose a title for the section and type the name of the channel you are looking for. Check the little box next to the name. Select Done.
- If you want, you can change the place of the Featured channels in the Featured section. To do so, place the mouse above the two lines next to the channel's name, then drag and drop it where you want.