YouTube Shorts is the new, TikTok style, video experience for people who want to create short and catchy videos using their mobile phones. This article will introduce you to YouTube Shorts and show you its key features.
YouTube shorts: what it is?
YouTube Shorts aims to focus on three aspects: Create, Discovery, and Watch.
At the heart of YouTube, shorts is creation. YouTube wants people to be able to easily create engaging short-form content. Here are the main features that will allow you to do this:
- A multi-segment camera, allowing you to combine multiple clips together.
- The possibility to record your clip using music from YouTube’s music library.
- Control the speed of clips, giving you additional creative freedoms.
- A built-in timer and countdown clock that lets you record hands-free.
YouTube Shorts will also focus on helping creators get discovered. With over 2 billion monthly viewers on YouTube, there is an ample amount of people ready to enjoy your content. If you want to make some really popular videos, you can begin by looking at this article, based on TikTok, which will show you some of the best video effects you can add to your clips. This article explains how you can produce high-quality content that should help you get discovered more easily.
YouTube Shorts aims to have a better viewing experience. Allowing users to swipe vertically from one video to another, facilitating the discovery of similar shorts.
What is the maximum video length?
With YouTube shorts, you can create 15-second videos (or less). In comparison, TikTok videos could be up to 60 seconds (although they started out at only 15 seconds, allowing the possibility for YouTube Shorts to increase their length also).
With no official figure for the optimum length of a TikTok video, a blogger calculated the average video length for the top 100 TikTok videos and found that it was just under 16 seconds. So YouTube Shorts, reduced video time does not seem like it will impede content creators.
When will YouTube shorts be released?
YouTube shorts is expected to be released in fall 2021 in some countries and to progressively expand worldwide throughout 2022.
- Youtube shorts
- How to make a YouTube Short?
- What Is YouTube Shorts
- How to Hide or Delete a Video From Your YouTube Channel
- Youtube transcript
- Youtube channel search not working > Forum - YouTube
- How to change your YouTube video's category
- How to change your YouTube location: on PC, on phone
- How to change the size of YouTube subtitles
- How to search within a specific YouTube channel
- How to feature a YouTube video on your channel
- How to add branding to your YouTube channel
- How to get the transcript of a YouTube video
- How to get a YouTube video link on Android
- How to add channel keywords on YouTube
- How to enable YouTube Live streaming
- How to add YouTube featured channels (2021)
- How to delete a YouTube channel: permanently, from phone
- How to create a YouTube account and upload a video
- The best YouTube tech channels
- The best YouTube gaming channels and reviewers
- How to make a video tutorial
- How to enable Picture-in-Picture mode on YouTube on iOS 14
- How to extract subtitles from YouTube videos
- How to use the YouTube mashup tool