Some YouTube videos have embedded subtitles that are part of the same video, while others have subtitles that are separate from it. It's possible to extract these subtitles, and in this article, we will show you how and also how to play both the video and the subs on your PC.
Can you download subtitles from every video?
Embedded subtitles cannot be downloaded, but you can use online services to download subtitles that are not embedded. For example, you can extract the subtitles of a documentary that is in another language and then join it to the downloaded video to present it in class.
How to download subtitles with DownSub?
Copy the YouTube video link, go to the DownSub website, and paste the URL in the corresponding field. Click Download, and select the language in which you want to download the subtitles. Next, choose the folder where you want to store the SRT file and click Save.
How to download YouTube videos?
To download only the video, copy the URL of the YouTube video, open KeepVid, and paste the link in the corresponding field. Click Download and choose a video format. Select the folder where you want to store the video and click Save.
Another easy way to download a video from the platform is through YouTube Downloader HD. What is different from the previous method is that you will have to download and install the software first. You can save videos in MP4, AVI, FLV, or 3GP to your computer or to a hard drive. The app supports Unicode.
YouTube Video Downloader
YouTube Video Downloader is very similar to the previous software, however, only the trial version is free. To download videos with this software, you have to copy the video's URL, paste it in the tab, select the output format (MP4, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, WMV, VOB, MPEG1, MPEG2, or MP3), and click Download.
How to play a video with non-embedded subtitles
If you still don't have VLC Media Player on your PC, download it and install it. Then, click on the Medium tab and select Open file. Find the video you downloaded and click Open. Next, click on the Subtitle tab and select Add subtitle file. Select the SRT file with the subtitles downloaded and click Open. The video with the subtitles will play.
- Extract subtitles from youtube
- Extract script from youtube > Guide
- Change subtitle size youtube > Guide
- Enable YouTube subtitles: on iPhone and Android > Guide
- How To Display Subtitles on LG Smart TV
- How to disable YouTube comments: on mobile, on PC > Guide
- How to use the YouTube mashup tool
- The best Halloween YouTube channels
- Turn off YouTube notifications (Android)
- Clear your YouTube history on Android
- How to download YouTube music to a USB
- Best YouTube gaming channels
- How to make a YouTube Short?
- How to get YouTube Premium for free
- YouTube Studio: what is it and how it works?
- How to upload a picture with music to YouTube
- Download YouTube videos: on PC, Mac, and smartphone
- How to view your YouTube channel as a visitor
- How to delete or hide a video on YouTube
- Create a playlist out of your liked videos on YouTube
- What is YouTube Movies and Shows?
- Hide your YouTube channel: permanently or set as private
- Manage your YouTube email notification settings
- How to hide the subscriber count on YouTube
- How to hide YouTube subscriptions and playslists
- Turn off YouTube embedding: for videos and for playlists
- How to change your YouTube video's category
- How to change your YouTube location: on PC, on phone
- How to search within a specific YouTube channel
- How to feature a YouTube video on your channel
- How to add branding to your YouTube channel
- How to get a YouTube video link: on Android, on PC
- How to add channel keywords on YouTube
- How to enable YouTube Live streaming
- How to add YouTube featured channels (2021)
- How to create a YouTube account and upload a video
- The best YouTube tech channels
- The best YouTube gaming reviewers
- How to make a video tutorial
- What is YouTube shorts?
- How to enable Picture-in-Picture mode on YouTube on iOS 14