Apple Magic mouse - Installation and first use
Upon buying an iMac, you also get the Apple Magic mouse. This wireless mouse comes with all the features of a conventional mouse and some extras.
- In this article you will learn more about the Magic mouse.
- A Bluetooth-enabled Mac.
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0.
- Mac OS X 10.6.2 natively supports the Magic Mouse.
- Unpack the mouse and insert the battery.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth is enabled on your Mac (Apple menu > System Preferences > Bluetooth).
- Now go the Apple menu > System Preferences > Trackpad.
- In the lower right corner of the window, click on "Setup Bluetooth Trackpad".
- Turn on the Magic Mouse.
- After a couple of seconds, the Magic Mouse appears in the "Search Preferences".
- Now click on "Continue".
- Your Magic Mouse is connected to your Mac.
Magic Mouse gestures
Thanks to the multi-touch sensor of the magic mouse, you can perform various gestures.
- Tap your finger anywhere on the surface of the Magic Mouse.
- To access the context menu, just tap on the front corner of the Magic Mouse.
- Simply wipe on the Magic Mouse surface in a desired direction.
- Hold down the [CTRL] key and swipe your finger to zoom in/out.