If you're tired of getting unwanted emails in your inbox, including spam and newsletters, Gmail makes it easy to block these emails. In this article, you will learn about the settings and filters available to you to help keep your inbox spam-free.
How to block users on Gmail?
- If you'd like to stop receiving emails from a particular sender, you may do so by adding them to your Block list.
- Open any email from the sender, and click the down arrow shown at the top-right of the email. Then click Block [sender]:
All future messages from that sender will be transferred automatically to your "Junk" folder. Note that, if you block someone by accident, you can always unblock them by following the same steps.
How to report spam?
Google's Spam filters are normally very effective, but occasionally, some of these messages do make their way through to your inbox.
- To alert Gmail of any Spam messages received, click the down arrow at the top-right corner of the email, and then select Report Spam:
Any messages believed to be or marked as Spam will automatically be sent to your "Junk" folder.
How to unsubscribe from mass emails?
Sometimes when signing up on a website, you receive lots of newsletters or promotions. If you'd like to unsubscribe, follow these steps:
- Go to your Gmail account and open the email from the sender you'd like to unsubscribe from.
- Click on Unsubscribe or Change preferences next to the sender's name and you're done. Note that it can take up to a few days until you will be fully unsubscribed.
- How to stop unwanted emails in gmail
- How to stop unwanted mail in gmail
- How to block unwanted emails in gmail
- How to recover deleted emails from gmail after 2 years [solved] > Forum - Google
- How to retrieve deleted spam emails from gmail [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Spam deleted Mail Recovery [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- How to recover deleted spam emails in gmail [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Retrieving permanently deleted emails [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- What are Gmail's incoming and outgoing servers?
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- Set swipe gestures in Gmail: swipe to delete, archive
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- How old is my Google account?
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- Change profile picture in Gmail: Android, iPhone, desktop
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app
- What Is Gmail Go?
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Create and switch between multiple signatures in Gmail