In addition to accommodating Outlook, Live, Hotmail, and MSN accounts, the Microsoft Outlook software can also be configured to sync with your Yahoo email. This tutorial will give you all of the settings that you need to set up your Yahoo account in your Microsoft Outlook application.
How to use your Yahoo account in Outlook?
Open Outlook, and go to the File tab. Next, click Add Account (found over the Account Settings button).
Select the option for Manual setup or additional server types, and then select POP or IMAP.
Add your account information. Then, fill in the following settings:
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Then, enter your log-in information, and click Next.
Now, head to More settings, and select the Outgoing server tab. Check the box located next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and then choose the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
In the same window, click the Advanced tab. The fields should be filled as follows:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
- Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
- Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
Once you've modified all of your settings, click OK > Next > Next.
Click Finish to complete the account setup.
- Yahoo outlook settings
- How To Add Your Yahoo Account to Outlook
- Reset outlook settings
- Change Language Settings on Outlook
- How to Disable the SafeSearch Feature in Yahoo Search
- How To Recover Your Yahoo Mail Account
- Create Yahoo email: free, fast, without phone number
- Recover Yahoo account: password, with & without phone number
- Sign into Yahoo: with Facebook, with Google
- Can't sign into Yahoo mail: app, on phone, forgot password
- How to switch to classic Yahoo Mail
- Yahoo Mail attachments: download, not showing
- Change Yahoo email password: iPhone, Android, desktop
- Yahoo Mail shortcut: icon, desktop
- Delete Yahoo Mail account: permanently, from phone
- Access Yahoo Mail: Android, iPad, on phone
- How to enable the preview pane in Yahoo Mail