As much as we all love chatting with friends on Facebook, it can get frustrating when your internet browsing or work is constantly interrupted by chat notifications and new windows opening up. One way to avoid this situation is to set your Facebook chat status to offline. This setting will make it appear that you are currently unavailable, allowing you to browse and work in peace. Read on to find out how to do it.
How to appear offline on Facebook in web browser?
1. Log in to your Facebook account and go to Messenger by clicking on your Facebook chats > See all in Messenger.
2. Next, in the upper menu select gear icon > Settings.
3. In the prompt window switch off the option Active status so the toggle becomes grey.
How to turn off active status on Facebook app?
1. Open the Facebook app and login to your account.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner to open the menu.
3. Go to Settings & Privacy and select Settings.
4. Under Privacy section choose Active Status and turn off the option Show when you’re active.
N.B.: Make sure you have turned off the Active Status setting on all your devices. If not, you may still appear active when you are online.
- Active status on facebook app
- Appear chat room
- Facebook offline chat
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android > Guide
- Turn off facebook chat heads iphone > Guide
- Facebook chat download > Télécharger
- Messenger group link > Forum - Facebook
- Facebook account review: how long does it take? > Guide
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- Reset Facebook password: without email and phone number
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to get into a Facebook without the password
- How to download Facebook videos
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- How to send a message to multiple users on Facebook
- How to download Facebook data: on mobile and on desktop
- How to turn off automatic translation on Facebook
- What is b.static.ak.fbcdn.net on Facebook?
- How to turn off comments on Facebook
- How to add a Facebook Follow Us button to a website
- How to check who viewed my Facebook profile (2021)?
- How to share a post in a private message on Facebook
- Change Facebook language: in browser and on Android
- What is Meta Horizon Worlds?
- How to add Facebook Messenger to home screen
- How to change your birthday on Facebook
- How to unblock friends on Facebook
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- Comment ranking on Facebook: how to turn it on
- Facebook Leak: data and security check
- How to delete a Facebook account
- How to add name pronunciation to Facebook
- Voice and video calls on Facebook
- Facebook Shops: create store, review, features
- How to stop sponsored ads on Facebook 2022
- How to create and use polls on Facebook?
- How to block someone: Facebook
- Update Facebook account to a new version: change modes
- Save pictures from Facebook Messenger: to computer, to phone
- Create a Facebook avatar: Android, desktop, iPhone
- Facebook badges: how to manage them?
- How to tell if someone blocked you on Facebook
- How to change and reset Facebook password: mobile, computer
- How to turn off the Microphone on Facebook
- How to upload contacts to Facebook: Android, iOS
- How to use Facebook Marketplace: for business, limits, scams
- How to leave a Facebook group
- Ray-Ban Stories: Smart glasses, price, release date
- Facebook Dating: review, activate, add info