Every time you sign-into a website or online service, Google Chrome will ask your permission to save your username and password. These credentials are stored in the browser and can be accessed in case you forget the password and login ID of your account. This article will show you how to access and manage these passwords for Mac, and Android, iPhone and PC (as the process is the same).
How to save passwords on Google Chrome?
Open Google Chrome. Type the following code in the address bar, followed by the Enter key:
. Click Save passwords automatically - Skip the passwords prompt and save passwords automatically > Enable:
Click Relaunch Now.
How to access saved passwords on Google Chrome?
To view all your saved passwords, open Google Chrome and click on Customise and Control Google Chrome button > +Show advanced settings. Next, scroll to Passwords and forms and click on Manage saved passwords:
All your saved passwords are listed here:
The passwords are hidden behind asterisks. To view your passwords, select the entry of your choice and click on Show:
Enter your Windows password to validate:
If you don't want your saved password to be erased each time you clear your browsing data, click on Customise and Control Google Chrome button > Tools > Clear Browsing Data. Then, uncheck Passwords from the list of items you want to clear:
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How To Enable WebGL on Google Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome