Every time you sign-into a website or online service, Google Chrome will ask your permission to save your username and password. These credentials are stored in the browser and can be accessed in case you forget the password and login ID of your account. This article will show you how to access and manage these passwords for Mac, and Android, iPhone and PC (as the process is the same).
How to save passwords on Google Chrome?
Open Google Chrome. Type the following code in the address bar, followed by the Enter key:
. Click Save passwords automatically - Skip the passwords prompt and save passwords automatically > Enable:
Click Relaunch Now.
How to access saved passwords on Google Chrome?
To view all your saved passwords, open Google Chrome and click on Customise and Control Google Chrome button > +Show advanced settings. Next, scroll to Passwords and forms and click on Manage saved passwords:
All your saved passwords are listed here:
The passwords are hidden behind asterisks. To view your passwords, select the entry of your choice and click on Show:
Enter your Windows password to validate:
If you don't want your saved password to be erased each time you clear your browsing data, click on Customise and Control Google Chrome button > Tools > Clear Browsing Data. Then, uncheck Passwords from the list of items you want to clear:
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- How to find passwords on chrome
- How to find my passwords on chrome
- How to find saved passwords on chromebook
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox > Guide
- How to recover passwords: from Chrome, Firefox > Guide
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension > Guide
- Chrome Hastens Passwords' Demise
- Chrome Extension Spots Hacked Passwords - CCM
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to change the character in the dinosaur Chrome game?
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- How to see incognito history: Android, Mac, Windows
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2021
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- Enable the FPS counter on Google Chrome
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- How to open Chrome Settings: shortcut, in a new window
- How to set zoom settings in Google Chrome
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- Disable touch events: Chrome
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome
- How to enable Google Chrome power saving mode
- How to access the Google Dashboard G Suite?
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to auto refresh Chrome tab with an extension
- How to make your Google Chrome page background a GIF?
- How to fix Google Chrome cursor bug
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- Update Google Chrome browser Android or iPhone
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to stop Chrome from blocking downloads
- The best Chrome extensions of 2022: security, productivity
- Google Translate extension Chrome: Mac, Android
- The best flags to customise Google Chrome in 2022
- How to enable extensions in incognito in Chrome
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to change download location Chrome: Android, Mac
- How to turn off Chrome notifications
- How to reopen closed tabs in Chrome
- Enable private browsing in Google Chrome: in incognito, PC
- How to block ads on Google Chrome?