Google Chrome is a web browser that was created by Google. Among its many features is the possibility to have all of your downloads automatically launched once the download is finished. If you have already modified these settings and wish you clear your auto-opening settings, this article will show you how.
How to clear auto-opening preferences on Google Chrome?
You can configure Google Chrome to automatically open certain types of files once they are downloaded. To do this, click the three dots displayed next to the downloaded file > Always open files of this type:
If you no longer want Google Chrome to auto-open your files, click the Chrome menu > Preferences:
Click Advanced at the bottom of the page to display the advanced settings:
Scroll down to the Downloads section, and slide the Ask where to save each file before downloading option to the on position:
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How To Enable WebGL on Google Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome