Google Docs offers a wide range of editing tools to crop, rotate or highlight the images present in your documents, and in this tutorial we will learn how to use them.
How to insert images in Google Docs?
There are two methods to insert images in a document created with Google Docs, you can either drag the picture directly into the document or click on the Insert menu > Image.
The second method gives you access to additional features, such as:
- Uploading an image from your computer.
- Selecting an image from another web page, using its URL.
- Taking a snapshot using the webcam of your computer.
- Selecting an image stored in Google Drive:
You can use the same procedure to insert images in your spreadsheets or presentation.
How to rotate or resize your images?
- Click on the image to display sizing handles.
- You can adjust the size of the image by using one of the sizing handles (represented by eight blue boxes). When you place your mouse cursor over a sizing handle it will change to a double-headed arrow, allowing the image to be resized horizontally, vertically or diagonally. To avoid distorted or stretched images, make use of the sizing handles located at the corners of the image:
- The small handle at the top allows you to rotate the image.
How to crop your images in Google Docs?
To adjust the framing of an image or change its aspect ratio, simply click on the Format menu > Crop Image.
How to adjust the transparency of images?
You can adjust the transparency, contrast and brightness of your images, by clicking on the Format menu > Image Options.
- How to edit an image in google docs
- How to edit a picture on google docs
- How to edit a picture in google docs
- How to make a copy of a Google Doc: on phone, iPhone > Guide
- How to enable Google Drive OCR: PDF, scan, search > Guide
- Text to speech google docs > Guide
- Google docs right to left > Guide
- How to download google doc with comments > Guide
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app
- How to view Google Maps speed cameras: 2021, iPhone, UK
- How to enter coordinates in Google Earth?
- How to remove Google Drive: from PC, startup, Windows 10
- Translate text messages with Google Translate on Android
- How to change distance unit on Google Maps: km to miles
- How to use Google Earth flight simulator
- How to find a location on Google Maps: postal address, GPS
- How to turn off tilt view in Google Maps
- How to download apps for Android with the Google Play Store
- How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension
- Translate images via your phone camera with Google Translate
- How to get street view on Google Earth: VR, app, iPhone
- Download offline Google Maps: iPhone, for PC, Android
- How to translate a page on Android with Google Translate
- Google Play Store error codes and how to fix them
- Share files on Google Drive: with other users, Android
- How to turn off Google spoken answers?
- How to access your photos folder on Google Drive?
- Compress images with Google Squoosh
- Google Meet extension for Chrome: grid view, attendance
- Limit uploads and downloads speed in Google Drive
- Create Google account: without Gmail
- How to transfer Google Authenticator: iPhone, Android, PC
- How to request a refund on Google Play
- Plan a route on Google Maps: app, Android, iPhone
- How to change the language in Google Drive
- Google Docs spell check: not working, settings
- Turn off private results in Google searches
- How to make a Google Maps list
- How to sort Google Drive
- Google Classroom: tutorial, features, cost, app download
- Use Google Meet: download, desktop, mobile, breakout rooms
- Google Kids Space: features. security, devices
- Restore Google Photos: backup, to phone, to gallery
- How to block someone on Hangouts: Web, Android, iOS
- How to use and setup Google Chromecast
- How to use OK Google: activate, search