How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension
If you'd like to be able to launch your Google apps (Gmail, Hangouts, Google+, YouTube…) directly from your desktop, you can do this thanks to the Chrome App Launcher extension. In this article we will show you how to install the extension and add app shortcuts to your desktop.
How to install Chrome App Launcher?
- Open Google Chrome and sign in with your Google account.
- Search for G App Launcher by apps.jeurissen.co to open the download page and then click on Get the Launcher to download and install the app:
- Once installed, the Chrome App Launcher will create a shortcut in your taskbar:
- If you are running Windows 10, you'll notice that the launcher is only available through Start menu.
- To move it to the taskbar, simply click on Start > Recently Added and then drag the Chrome App Launcher icon to your taskbar.
do you need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!