Google Classroom is the latest addition to the Google Suite for Education. Google Classroom allows teachers to create online classrooms, distribute workflow, and grade assignments. Students can access documents stored on Google Drive, with each class having a separate folder. During this period where studying and working from home have become the norm, a comprehensive educational tool that allows educators to create a virtual classroom is a necessity. In this article, we will explain what is Goo
What are the main Google Classroom features?
There are many different features for Google Classroom. Certain features are unlocked with the standard and plus versions of Google Workplace for Education.
Assignments - Teachers can create assignments, give them to each student, and get them back for grading. You can schedule assignments for a specific date and time. Once the assignment has been submitted by the student, they will no longer be able to modify it.
Grading - Teachers can grade work, and give feedback in the form of a score, and or comments. There is also a color code for keeping track of assignments. Red = Missing work, Green = Submitted work, and Black = Returned work.
Publications - Announcements can be made in the classes home page. Students can ask questions, and teachers can upload posts.
Originality Report - Both teachers and students can use the built in originality report to check for uncited work and possible plagiarism. If a student uses the report, teachers won’t be able to see. Once a piece of work has been submitted, a further report is done automatically for the teacher.
Live Video - There is a live video feature that allows teachers to create a virtual classroom, with up to 250 participants and 1000000 viewers on a live stream. There is the possibility to record and watch the video back at a later stage.
How much does Google Classroom cost?
Google Classroom is part of the Google Workplace for Education. Google Workplace for Education is free for the following institutions:
K-12 schools, higher-education institutions globally, and homeschool co-ops in the U.S
K-12 and higher institutions must be government-recognized, formally-accredited education institutions that deliver nationally or internationally-approved certifications at primary, secondary, or third level.
There is also a free 30 day trial whilst waiting for validation of the proof of eligibility for the full free version.
There is also Google Workplace for Education Standard with an additional security center, advanced device management, Gmail and Classroom log analysis, and Audit logs. This version costs $3 per student per year.
Then there is the Teaching and Learning Upgrade at $4 per licence, per month. This gives meetings with 250 participants and 10000 viewers, interactive content for Google Meet, and unlimited originality reports.
Finally there is Google Workplace for Education Plus. This gives access to the full 100,000 in-domain viewers in Google Meet live streams, faster customer support times and the ability to sync rosters to Google Classroom from any student information system. This costs $5 per student, per year.
Is Google Classroom safe?
Google Classroom in principle is safe to use, there can be issues like cyberbullying, inappropriate language, the sharing of inappropriate photos, and others related to student behavior, however these can happen in real life too. There are Classroom monitoring tools to help facilitate the teacher’s task of monitoring the class.
A possible solution to eradicate this type of behavior would be to limit students' access to posting, sharing and live participation in videos, however this detracts from the classroom experience.
As for security risks, the biggest concern would be from hacked accounts and data loss, but this isn’t unique to Google Classroom.
Is Google Classroom available for mobile?
The Google Classroom App is also available to download for iOS and Android devices:
Any more Google questions? Check out our forum!
- Google clasr
- Google clas room
- Google clasr oom
- Can we transfer free fire account from facebook to google > Guide
- Accounts.google.com > Guide
- Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you > Forum - Gmail
- Google earth flight simulator > Guide
- Google earth coordinates > Guide
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app
- How to view Google Maps speed cameras: 2021, iPhone, UK
- How to get Google Docs to read to you: Google text-to-speech
- Download a Google Doc: as a PDF, with comments, as word
- How to remove Google Drive: from PC, startup, Windows 10
- Translate text messages with Google Translate on Android
- How to change distance unit on Google Maps: km to miles
- Enable Google Sheets right to left editing in Google Drive
- How to find a location on Google Maps: postal address, GPS
- How to turn off tilt view in Google Maps
- How to download apps for Android with the Google Play Store
- How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension
- How to make a copy of a Google Doc: on phone, iPhone
- Translate images via your phone camera with Google Translate
- How to get street view on Google Earth: VR, app, iPhone
- Download offline Google Maps: iPhone, for PC, Android
- How to enable Google Drive OCR: PDF, scan, search
- How to translate a page on Android with Google Translate
- Google Play Store error codes and how to fix them
- Share files on Google Drive: with other users, Android
- How to turn off Google spoken answers?
- How to access your photos folder on Google Drive?
- Compress images with Google Squoosh
- Google Meet extension for Chrome: grid view, attendance
- Limit uploads and downloads speed in Google Drive
- Create Google account: without Gmail
- How to transfer Google Authenticator: iPhone, Android, PC
- How to request a refund on Google Play
- Plan a route on Google Maps: app, Android, iPhone
- How to change the language in Google Drive
- Google Docs spell check: not working, settings
- Turn off private results in Google searches
- How to make a Google Maps list
- How to sort Google Drive
- Add and edit images in Google Docs: rotate, resize, adjust
- Use Google Meet: download, desktop, mobile, breakout rooms
- Google Kids Space: features. security, devices
- Restore Google Photos: backup, to phone, to gallery
- How to block someone on Hangouts: Web, Android, iOS
- How to use and setup Google Chromecast
- How to use OK Google: activate, search