You may have noticed that all your Chrome extensions disappear when you start private navigation. This is because the browser can't guarantee that these extensions won't track your activity, which conflicts with the purpose of the incognito mode. However, there is a very simple method to manually activate and continue using your Chrome extensions when browsing privately as well. Read on to discover how to do it.
How to use extensions in incognito mode?
1) Open your Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner. Select Settings.
2) In the left menu, select Extensions.
3) A new window will open showing all the extensions you have installed (alternatively, you can also get there by typing chrome://extensions/ in the browser's search bar). Click on the Details button under the extension you want to use in incognito mode.
4) Next, scroll down a little until you find the option Allow in incognito and activate it, so the toggle will turn blue.
5) You can now close the previous windows and open a new incognito window. Click on the puzzle piece icon or the selected extension icon to make sure that the extension is already working properly while browsing privately.
The process is reversible and you only have to retrace the steps to disable an extension you have enabled.
Note: you cannot install new extensions while using incognito mode, nor are all extensions compatible with this mode, so you may not be able to activate all of them.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- Incognito symbol
- Incognito picture
- Incognito image
- How to see incognito history > Guide
- Opera mini incognito mode > Guide
- How to turn off the safe search on DuckDuckGo? > Guide
- Chrome to Shut Down Incognito Mode Blocking - CCM
- Chrome Incognito Mode Now Undetectable - CCM
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2022, Mac, Android
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2022
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to change the character in the dinosaur Chrome game?
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2022
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- Enable the FPS counter on Google Chrome
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- How to open Chrome Settings: shortcut, in a new window
- How to set zoom settings in Google Chrome
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- Disable touch events: Chrome
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to access the Google Dashboard G Suite?
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to make your Google Chrome page background a GIF?
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to auto refresh Chrome tab with an extension
- How to fix Google Chrome cursor bug
- Update Google Chrome browser Android or iPhone
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to stop Chrome from blocking downloads
- The best Chrome extensions of 2022: security, productivity
- Google Translate extension Chrome: Mac, Android
- The best flags to customise Google Chrome in 2022
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to change download location Chrome: Android, Mac
- How to turn off Chrome notifications
- How to reopen closed tabs in Chrome
- How to block ads on Google Chrome?
- Enable private browsing in Google Chrome: in incognito, PC
- How to enable Google Chrome power saving mode