You may have noticed that all your Chrome extensions disappear when you start private navigation. This is because the browser can't guarantee that these extensions won't track your activity, which conflicts with the purpose of the incognito mode. However, there is a very simple method to manually activate and continue using your Chrome extensions when browsing privately as well. Read on to discover how to do it.
How to use extensions in incognito mode?
1) Open your Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner. Select Settings.
2) In the left menu, select Extensions.
3) A new window will open showing all the extensions you have installed (alternatively, you can also get there by typing chrome://extensions/ in the browser's search bar). Click on the Details button under the extension you want to use in incognito mode.
4) Next, scroll down a little until you find the option Allow in incognito and activate it, so the toggle will turn blue.
5) You can now close the previous windows and open a new incognito window. Click on the puzzle piece icon or the selected extension icon to make sure that the extension is already working properly while browsing privately.
The process is reversible and you only have to retrace the steps to disable an extension you have enabled.
Note: you cannot install new extensions while using incognito mode, nor are all extensions compatible with this mode, so you may not be able to activate all of them.
Need more help with Google? Check out our Forum!
- How To View Incognito Mode History
- Chrome extension keeps coming back [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- How to Run Opera Extensions in Private Mode
- How to disable incognito windows in google chrome [solved] > Forum - Google Chrome
- How to Use Shazam on Your PC
- How to auto refresh Chrome tab with an extension
- Google Translate extension Chrome: Mac, Android
- How to set zoom settings in Google Chrome
- How to open Chrome Settings: shortcut, in a new window
- Enable the FPS Counter on Google Chrome
- How to access the Google Dashboard G Suite?
- How to fix Google Chrome cursor bug
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to change download location Chrome: Android, Mac
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2021
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome