Youtube is one of the most relevant and popular communication channel on the web.
Some facts about YouTube:
- YouTube is a video hosting/streaming platform on which individuals and professionals can publish videos under a unique public profile, namely a Youtube Channel.
- Youtube was acquired by Google in 2006 and is available in several languages.
- Each month, YouTube is visited by more than one billion unique users.
- 80% of its traffic is generated outside the US.
- Every day, millions of users subscribe to channels.
Why you should create a Youtube Channel?
A new communication channel for professionals
Creating a YouTube channel offers many opportunities for professionals to communicate on the web. The video streaming platform is being visited by over one billion users every month.
Visibility on search engines
Youtube is being owned and managed by Google, which helps to improve the ranking of videos in the search results. A Youtube channel with quality content can increase the number of visits to an associated website.
Social channel integration and sharing
Videos published on Youtube can easily be integrated to your website or blog.
You can also link your Youtube channel with your social profiles
(Facebook, Twitter...), which will help to build a community around a business or its products. On the Web, videos are recognized as being dynamic, original and quality content. When shared social networks (Facebook and Twitter), they have a greater "reach
" than a blog post or photo.
Promote your products, skills or services
In the e-commerce sector, videos have a strong impact. Video tutorials, unboxing or How-Tos can help to boost your sales.
A YouTube channel can also be used for recruitment purposes. Videos can provide information on the careers and jobs within the company.
How to create a YouTube channel?
- To subscribe to Youtube, you must first create a Google Account.
- Prepare some content (5-10 videos) before creating your channel.
- You will need to some graphics to customize your channel:
- a logo or profile picture (800 x 800),
- a channel illustration (2560 x 1440).
Creating your channel
The easiest method is to sign-in to Youtube using your Google Account and click on the Upload
From there you can choose one of the following options:
- Create a Youtube Channel using your Google + Profile
- Use a business or other name (product, brand, company, institution or organization, arts, entertainment, sports,...)
From there you will need to configure the below options:
Publishing your first video
Upload a video on Youtube is relatively simple: http://ccm.net/faq/34588-publishing-your-first-video-on-your-youtube-channel.
Compatible video formats:
If you need to convert your videos to a compatible format, read: https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?hl=en&ref_topic=2888648
Verify your account
You want to publish long videos (> 15 mins) or monetize your content on Youtube?