From now on, you can create a short URL for your YouTube channel so everyone can find your content effortlessly! Read on to learn more about how it works and how to make the most of this feature!
What is a YouTube handle?
YouTube handles are a new way to find creators on YouTube and build a community. YouTube handles are short and unique channel identifiers (separate from channel names), similar to your account names on Instagram, or Twitter, for example. They also start with a @, e.g., @ccm.net.
What are the features of YouTube handles?
Among other possibilities, handles on YouTube let you benefit from these features:
- A unique name
A possibility of getting notifications in YouTube Shorts
- People can tag you in videos and comments
- It's easier to find you on YouTube
What is the difference between a YouTube handle and a Channel name?
YouTube handles are unique, whereas multiple channels can have the same name. Handles are meant to help you find the exact channel and creator you were searching for.
When can I choose a handle for my YouTube channel?
The feature became gradually available in October. Now, every YouTube channel owner can choose a handle for it. Note that you can do it until November 14. Otherwise, YouTube will automatically assign you one.
How to choose a YouTube handle?
Wait for an email from YouTube notifying you that you can now choose the handle. Click the Choose a Handle button, and you will be redirected to the YouTube webpage where you can finalize the procedure.
To choose the right handle, make sure that:
- It contains numbers and letters (uppercase or lowercase). It can also contain hyphens, underscores, or periods.
- The handle must not yet be linked to another account.
- It shouldn't violate YouTube Community Guidelines.
- It shouldn't resemble a URL or a phone number.
- It has to be between 3 and 30 characters long.
Read more about choosing a YouTube handle for your channel on the YouTube Help page.
- Handle in youtube
- What is youtube handle
- Youtube handles
- Youtube download for pc > Download
- Youtube to mp3con converter > Download
- Youtube video download vidmate > Download
- Xvideoservicethief 2019 linux ddos attack free download for windows 7 video youtube [solved] > Forum - Android
- I want download a 4 chanal video mixer software > Forum - Downloading
- How to get the transcript of a YouTube video: on iPhone
- The best YouTube gaming reviewers
- How to download YouTube music to a USB
- How to search within a specific YouTube channel
- How to change the size of YouTube subtitles
- How to make a YouTube Short?
- How to add YouTube featured channels (2022)
- Hide your YouTube channel: permanently or set as private
- How to change your YouTube location: on PC, on phone
- How to upload a picture with music to YouTube
- How to view your YouTube channel as a visitor
- How to delete or hide a video on YouTube
- How to copy a YouTube video link: with timestamp, mobile, PC
- How to change your YouTube video's category
- Download YouTube videos: on PC, Mac, and smartphone
- How to feature a YouTube video on your channel
- Create a playlist out of your liked videos on YouTube
- How to create a YouTube account and upload a video
- Turn off YouTube embedding: for videos and playlists
- How to enable YouTube Live streaming
- How to add channel keywords on YouTube
- How to disable YouTube comments: on mobile, on PC
- How to hide the subscriber count on YouTube
- Manage your YouTube email notification settings
- YouTube Studio: what is it and how it works?
- How to hide YouTube subscriptions and playlists
- How to add branding to your YouTube channel
- How to get YouTube Premium for free
- How to use the YouTube mashup tool
- Enable YouTube subtitles: on iPhone and Android
- How to extract subtitles from YouTube videos
- How to make a video tutorial
- Turn off YouTube notifications: Android
- What is YouTube Movies and Shows?
- The best Halloween YouTube channels
- Best YouTube gaming channels
- What is YouTube shorts?
- The best YouTube tech channels
- How to enable Picture-in-Picture mode on YouTube on iOS 14
- Clear your YouTube history on Android