There are numerous reasons why you might want to save your SMS messages located on your iPhone. Whether you would simply like to save them to look back on or you would like to transfer them to a new device, the below methods should put you on the right track.
Save iPhone Text Messages Using Software
The CopyTrans suite is a fairly simple solution that allows you to back up your data, including the messages, music, photos, and contacts on your iPhone.
- To begin saving your text messages, first download CopyTrans Contact, then install it on your PC.
- Next, open CopyTrans Contacts and connect your iPhone to your PC.
- When the application opens, click the speech bubble button to access your iPhone messages.
- Now, select the text messages that you want to save, and go to Export Selected.
Then, select the format in which you want to back up your iPhone messages onto your PC. You can choose between HTML (web page format), Word, plain text, Excel, and CSV.
Save iPhone Text Messages Using iTunes
You can also use iTunes to save your text messages to your PC. To back up your messages using iTunes, you need to have already have synced your device to iTunes on your computer. Also, before you can save your messages, you will need to proceed with an unencrypted backup of your device. To do this, connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes, and select your device. In iTunes' main menu, make sure to uncheck the box next to Encrypt backup before launching the backup process.
Export the Text Message File
Before continuing, you will need to display the file extensions and hidden files under Windows. Please see our article on finding iPhone backup files if you do not know how to do so.
Next, locate your unencrypted iTunes backup. Generally, you can find it in the C:\Users\*your windows username*\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup folder.
Once you find it, select the most recent folder if you have recently created your unencrypted backup. (Organizing the files by Modification date might make this easier.)
Export Text Messages in PDF or Excel Format
To export your text message in PDF or Excel format, you will need to decode the 3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28 file that you have just pasted onto your desktop. The website SMS iPhone can help you with this.
Go to the website, and click Options to choose the format in which you would like to export your file. Next, click Import the database.
The website will create your download, which you should save to your computer. You should, now, have a file with your text messages, the date sent, the time at which each message was sent, as well as the number at which they were received.
- Export text messages from iphone - Best answers
- Export sms iphone - Best answers
- How to backup whatsapp voice messages - Guide
- Message icon iphone disappeared ✓ - Forum - IPhone
- How to retrieve unsent text messages on iphone - Forum - IPhone
- How to Hide Text Messages on iPhone - How-To - iPhone
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC - Guide