If you have always dreamed of watching your favourite Netflix series or inviting friends over to watch sports (streamed online) on a widescreen TV, you can do so using a Chromecast device. It is relatively cheap and very easy to use. In this article, you will find out how to set it up, cast movies and use it for business purposes.
What Is Chromecast
Chromecast is a useful device that connects your computer or mobile device to the TV screen. Thanks to Chromecast you can watch movies, stream your favourite series and broadcast sports games on a wide TV screen. All you have to do is to purchase a Chromecast device, connect it to your TV and set it up.
How to Set Up Chromecast
To start using Chromecast you will need to set it up first. Remember that you can only set it up with your mobile device or a tablet and not with your computer.
To connect a Chromecast device with your TV, plug it into TV’s HDMI port and plug the USB power cable in the Chromecast device and in the power outlet.
Note: Use only the cable provided with the Chromecast device.
- Download the Google Home app to establish a connection between your devices.
- You can download the Google Home app for Android here and here for your iOS device.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is switched on.
- Open the Google Home app and follow its instructions. First of all, choose your Google account and Home «station» that you are going to use.
- On your TV screen, you will see your Chromecast number. Wait for the app to find the same one and select it. Then, type the code you see on your TV screen to confirm that it is the right device.
- Choose the same Wi-Fi network you are using on your mobile device or your tablet.
- Finally, you will see your Chromecast name on the TV screen and current time, this means the device is successfully set up and you can start casting.
How to Cast With Chromecast
To cast with Chromecast, make sure the device is plugged into HDMI port and power outlet.
Using a Computer
To start casting using your computer, open the Google Chrome browser and click on three little dots on the upper-right corner, choose Cast…
Choose your device, click on Sources and select Cast desktop from a drop-down menu.
Now you will see your desktop on your TV screen and you can stream your favourite movies, series or sports broadcasts.
Using a Mobile Device or a Tablet
Open the Google Home app and select your Chromecast. Tap Cast my screen > Cast screen > Start Now.
How to Cast From Chromecast Enabled Apps
To cast from Chromecast-enabled apps, such as YouTube, Google Play Movies, Netflix, Disney+, Spotify and many more, you have to open the app, click on the cast icon (screen with wi-fi waves) and select your Chromecast device. When it will be connected, the cast icon will become coloured.
To stop casting, click on Cast button > Disconnect.
How to Cast a Google Slideshow
If you have a slideshow to present and you want to do it on a TV screen, it’s possible with Chromecast. Connect your Chromecast device with Google Home app on a mobile device using the instructions above and play the slideshow from PowerPoint, Keynote or any other mobile presentation program. The Slideshow will be mirrored on TV.
If you want to cast your slideshow from the computer, you will need to upload your presentation to Google Slides and click on Present in the upper-right corner. Select Chromecast from the drop-down menu and start the slideshow.
You can also open Google Chrome, go to Menu > Cast… > Sources and choose to cast a file. Upload the presentation file and it will be mirrored on the TV screen.
How to Cast Video Conferences
If you want to have a video conference on your TV screen, connect your Chromecast device to your TV, use the Chrome browser or Google Home app to mirror your screen.
Open the application that you use for video calls and you will see the contacts you are talking to on your TV screen. Just make sure you have your computer or mobile phone nearby to use its microphone and camera.
- Chromecast setup
- Chromecast com setup - Best answers
- How to install chromecast - Best answers
- Lg tv chromecast setup - How-To - Hardware
- Chromecast error 905 - How-To - Google
- Windows 8 setup - How-To - Windows 8
- T-mobile.com/sim for setup instructions - How-To - Mobile
- Setup airtel broadband - How-To - Network